Match Thread: Brentford v Villa

limpid

They are drilled into high press, we must have known this, so what’s our answer?

How did we starting playing that way for 6 games then suffer complete amnesia? Just shows that we have two ball players (Axel and Grealish) and the rest are a team of one dimensional flappers.

Hourihan is a disappointment, I thought Dean Smith philosophy would suit him, he looks very average, without his goals he has nothing.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

He's gonna score from a Hourihane corner.

I can feel it in my waters.

you must be watching a different game to me......

either that or you've moved to Amsterdam and your'e watching it in a bar !!!!!

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

DS is playing for draws chap. This is conservative football at it's best, like the Mcleish days. I tell you he wants to keep the negativity off him at this stage, or he knows he'll be at risk from the fans and the top men already. This team is better than this, we were ripping Bruce a new one playing like this, DS gets off scott free after tearing it up when he signed

But we are not sitting back like you would playing for a point.

We just cannot physically cope with the energy and pressing of Brentford, we look 5 yards off the pace.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Get Ramsey on. We've got nothing creative in the middle, with no one getting between the lines. I really feel like not giving O'Hare a good crack at it during Grealish's injury was a huge disappointment from Smith. I thought he was going to be a manager who would give the youth a chance .

This. This side desperately need some urgency, some creativity, some drive, some youthful arrogance. Absolutely no chance we can get any less dangerous going forward.