Match Thread: Brentford v Villa

limpid

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yep totally bottled it so a chance to get that ball back in missed. I have  £100 that a Brentford player would have come away with that if the situation was reversed. 

Was that after he took the corner? Cause he turned his back on the clearance 

Very much going to plan at the moment, as unpopular as this opinion may be. Brentford have done very little trouble the goalie. Our defence has been solid and we've let them run around and burn through their energy - I think we can win this. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Hause - strong, big lad. No wonder he looked good at youth level. Unfortunately against smart footballers he’s a deer in the headlights.

El Ghazi - skilful and quick. No wonder he looked good at youth level and in Dutch football. Unfortunately against strong, athletic defenders he’s completely nullified.

If we put them up against each other what would happen? :D

First 20-25 was painful. They were all over us and had me wondering how on earth they’re not higher up in the table and thinking it was only a matter of time before they scored. Once we found our feet a little bit, it’s evened out and we’ve managed to move a little higher up the pitch and even created the biggest chance of the game so far. 

I think this game has highlighted two major weaknesses with our squad: We lack explosivity and quick feet - our players are generally too slow - and we lack composure on the ball. 

I really hope the boys find their running boots for the second half. If we move our feet and press them, they will make errors. Hopefully, their frenetic start will have taken a toll on their energy as well, and hopefully we’ll last the full 90 in better shape than them.

I would honestly write this season off, especially with some of the players we are putting out at the moment. Get some of our youth players (who have had a lot of success at their level) in and start planning for next season and beyond. We're clearly going nowhere with the current set up and players like Hourihane, Hutton, Adomah etc should not be starting for us. 

I haven't been impressed by Green when I've seen him but he wouldn't be anymore anonymous out there than Adomah and at least has potential to make a difference for us in the future. 

Positives. Nil nil. Conceded 1 shot on target. Defence looking good. Adomah best chance of the half. If we can find second gear we'll have enough. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Very much going to plan at the moment, as unpopular as this opinion may be. Brentford have done very little trouble the goalie. Our defence has been solid and we've let them run around and burn through their energy - I think we can win this. 

I highly doubt things are going to plan. That said, I'm with you, I think we can win.

• Like 2