Match Thread: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Just now, A'Villan said:

I highly doubt things are going to plan. That said, I'm with you, I think we can win.

Well we're not going to out-Brentford Brentford. They're younger and have been playing this way a lot longer. I think we're approaching the game sensibly but haven't been up to par with our attack yet, though we could easily be winning.

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

This game has been so painful to watch. Somehow we have done well to keep their chances to basically nothing though.

It's called defending mate. The players deserve credit for how they've nullified and limited the opposition so far.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Shitty ground, shitty camera angles.

Makes my eyes bleed, this is why i want out of this s***hole of a league.

Feel like I'm going to get motion sickness seeing the cameraman trying to follow the ball. 

Lets not pretend we've been manhandled by footballing supermen. We've been poor. We've both had limited chances. They've been had more, we've had better. Its not a great game yet.

Another half like that one will be very disappointing.

Defended well but we've had to. Attacking players have barely got involved. Feels like the good ol' days of not having a midfield. Really need some creativity in that midfield.. Get the kid on. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Well we're not going to out-Brentford Brentford. They're younger and have been playing this way a lot longer. I think we're approaching the game sensibly but haven't been up to par with our attack yet, though we could easily be winning.

Easily winning is a bit of a stretch. Adomah missed a chance. They had an effort from the top of the box nearly lob Kalinic. They've had the ball where they want it.

We need to pull our socks up and get stuck in to this game if we're going to come away with a win.