• Adomah
    • Abraham
    • Green (El Ghazi 59)
    • Elmohamady (Adomah 59)
    • Kodjia (Hourihane 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/19 at 15:00

7 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

As much as I detest Maupay for being the horrible, nasty little sh*t that he is, he personifies all the qualities we’re currently lacking. Quick, gutsy, determined and wants to win, whatever it takes. We have so little of all of that. We’re a team of shy, slightly awkward kids who don’t want the hassle of having to stand up to anyone or fight for anything. We’re too freaking nice.

Bang on. Older players going through the motions and weak younger players.

Im sure if we got Maupay we'd turn him into a Villa player with time, and then just loan him out to Sheff U when it didnt work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

It’s his job to get the best out of the players he has. Our midfield is rubbish. Why persist with trying to play through it? Play 4-4-2. Have Davis up top with Tammy playing off him. Play direct. Have Davis to hold up the ball whilst the support arrives from a rigid 4 in midfield who are otherwise sat behind the ball. 

It would be fairly rubbish to watch but would almost certainly garner more points than the crap he serves up every week. We could then adapt our style as we adapted the squad. Doing the same thing every week and failing every week is not good management. This guy has achieved nothing in the game and yet people talk about him like he is a Jedi! He is a mid table championship manager and guess what we are becoming!!!!!!!!!!! 

Ahhh, Shut up mate.

Im off to bed. Firmly behind Smith and hope he puts it right in the summer. 

UTV.

13 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

As much as I detest Maupay for being the horrible, nasty little sh*t that he is, he personifies all the qualities we’re currently lacking. Quick, gutsy, determined and wants to win, whatever it takes. We have so little of all of that. We’re a team of shy, slightly awkward kids who don’t want the hassle of having to stand up to anyone or fight for anything. We’re too freaking nice.

It's been the achilles heal for Villa since 1997

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I thought they looked a shadow of the team theyve been in previous seasons when we've been there. Same approach sure, but with inferior players.

Hence why i suppose they were 18th in the league.

We did very little to nullify them, which was epitomised by Adomah who wandered around for much of that first half looking like he was haunted.

Well we lost 3-0 to them under Bruce in February 2017 so you might be on to something.

Maybe the players are inferior now, but the game plan was well executed and effective, which is always a key ingredient in victory.

Their players knew their role and made sound decisions as to whether to play a pass or take us on themselves.

They supported each other and were clearly a team that had an understanding of how it was going to cause us problems.

It was a commendable effort, regardless of how lackluster we were.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well.... at least we aren't Blackpool.

We all know that this squad needs a massive refit in the summer and quite frankly we are just counting down the matches until the summer. 

Past caring about this season now. Can't be bothered to get angry about it. Plan for 19/20 right now. 

glad El Ghazi and Haurse are loans....wish Adomah and Hourinane were.

29 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

‘He continues to play Adomah’

Who else should he play out wide? Green? El Mohamady? Are they better?

So many of you criticise the team selections and the manager yet we literally have no other options - the entire squad is garbage. 

I don’t disagree that the squad is garbage but adomH dds nothing. He looks completely dis interested it’s like playing with ten men. I’d play either green or Elmo above him that’s FOR SURE.

30 minutes ago, gaffer85 said:

Just not good enough 

Too many old legs just not able to live with the movement of the young ones

No point having good technical players if they can't run

No chance of playoffs now barring a miracle 

The worst part of that is you could see it from literally the first minute of the game. They were all over us straight away. Better movement, drive, passing, the lot. As I said in the match thread, I'm only amazed it took them so long to break through as they'd been pulling us all over the place from the off. We were half a yard behind everything from the first whistle.

• Like 2

To be fair I thought defensively we looked good which is a good sign in my opinion in that I'm a staunch believer that any team worth their salt sets up from the back. 

I only managed to catch the second half but I thought we were OK against a good Brentford team. They have some fine attacking players who were kept at bay until Elphick dived in gave the opportunity to Maupay. 

I thought we looked solid which was nice, realistically promotion hopes are gone for this season but in my opinion we have to be reasonably solid first before we can finesse our attacking play with next season in mind. 

Individually I thought Hourihane was ineffective as usual (putting it mildly), Elphick was a bit reckless, Green seemed poor but was isolated, Elmo was rusty. Whelan, Mings and Abraham were good from what i saw. 

Â