• Adomah
    • Abraham
    • Green (El Ghazi 59)
    • Elmohamady (Adomah 59)
    • Kodjia (Hourihane 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/19 at 15:00

32 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Not going to lie. I've been impressed with Brentford here. Their options off the ball were always there to receive and the delivery pass was good. Every player had an understanding of their role and every player for them in the final third backed themselves to take it to us and win the contest. They deserved it today.

As for us, we looked like a team that had accepted our place as the team on the back foot. Not good. Calls into question what the game plan was. I'm not quite sure what else to say.

I'm not going to lie....I thought they were very,very average but show plenty of guts, determination and effervescence against a very laboured out of touch villa team.

sure they showed better ball control, but just about every team in the division does that lately.

If Jack is going to turn this around I can't wait.....his name is Jack Grealish, not "Jack of all trades"

I thought we was shocking ....Div 1 performance.

Even the comments from pundits now are bordering of desperation not to upset.

Edited by TRO

9 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

The next one might be the right one, who knows. Smith isn't, that much is clear already.

I think it might be the one after that to be honest. It definitely won’t be the next one. It will be the one after the one we get rid of in early 2020. 

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well.... at least we aren't Blackpool.

We all know that this squad needs a massive refit in the summer and quite frankly we are just counting down the matches until the summer. 

Past caring about this season now. Can't be bothered to get angry about it. Plan for 19/20 right now. 

Ah... another massive refit. Yeah, I’m looking forward to that given the great success of the last 5 or so  massive refits. 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don’t disagree that the squad is garbage but adomH dds nothing. He looks completely dis interested it’s like playing with ten men. I’d play either green or Elmo above him that’s FOR SURE.

The same Elmo that single handedly cost us 6 points a couple of months back? The same Andre Green that couldnt get into the Portsmouth team? 

You’re probably right though, if we’d started with them both tonight we would have won.

Smith, you fool!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

The same Elmo that single handedly cost us 6 points a couple of months back? The same Andre Green that couldnt get into the Portsmouth team? 

You’re probably right though, if we’d started with them both tonight we would have won.

Smith, you fool!!!

Elmo who he played at right back you mean? Green who was injured most of the season down there?

33 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

As much as I detest Maupay for being the horrible, nasty little sh*t that he is, he personifies all the qualities we’re currently lacking. Quick, gutsy, determined and wants to win, whatever it takes. We have so little of all of that. We’re a team of shy, slightly awkward kids who don’t want the hassle of having to stand up to anyone or fight for anything. We’re too freaking nice.

Whatever the answer to our problems is, I would hate to think it involved a thug like Maupay.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Elmo who he played at right back you mean? Green who was injured most of the season down there?

I said you were right! I think we would have won tonight if both those players started. They looked great when they came on.

53 minutes ago, vreitti said:

You have to earn the right to win.

for all the things being said.......That just sums it all up for me.

In a ****ing nutshell.

You look at their ground, hear their fans in small numbers and see that dollop of dung dished up.......jeez that is some indictment on our club to have reached these lows.

Infrastructure wise, we dwarf them...but allow them to show us how to do it.....season after,season after season.

shambles

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, gaffer85 said:

Just not good enough 

Too many old legs just not able to live with the movement of the young ones

No point having good technical players if they can't run

No chance of playoffs now barring a miracle 

Remarkably, we are still only 7 points off the play offs.

Problem is, this team look unable to make up that ground.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Remarkably, we are still only 7 points off the play offs.

Problem is, this team look unable to make up that ground.

We look more like a team content with knowing they have put themselves in a good position to avoid relegation.

9 minutes ago, smg said:

Just read a post from a Villa follower (not fan) who admits to choosing to watch Spurs tonight  clearly not the 12th man there.

I have a season ticket and have been to watch us all over the country and Europe kid so I think I know when if the players can't be arsed Hourihane Adomah looking at you then why should I!

I will be there Saturday hoping for the best but my patience is wearing thin.

22 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Do you think it's any better than under Bruce, whose football you hated?

I do, because I'm certain DS will turn it around given time. We already got a glimpse of what it may be like in the beginning. There was never any such hope with Bruce.

• Like 3

Watching us play Brentford at Griffin Park is like being waterboarded. 

For what it's worth I thought we defended pretty well tonight and we had two of, if not the best, chances to score but Adomah and Hourihane wasted them.

But like a few have said, massively rebuilding job ahead in the Summer. Out of our starting XI very possible only McGinn, Hourihane & Kalinic will be there on opening day next season.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The fact that I expected it never makes it any less painful.

My faith is wavering.

Why the f*ck have our players not been able to pass for years?

No sennakot.

ps got to make some sense of the night.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

For everyone getting on smiths back what do you want to do 

His hands are tied at the moment with what he has to work with. The sad fact is our squad just isn't very good, there is no pace or energy in this squad.

As the old saying goes rome wasn't built in a single transfer window

And anyone saying he has to make what he has better is talking shite 

As another old saying you can't polish a turd

• Like 2

Â