• Adomah
    • Abraham
    • Green (El Ghazi 59)
    • Elmohamady (Adomah 59)
    • Kodjia (Hourihane 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/19 at 15:00

3 minutes ago, clayton8321 said:

Posted it during match.. and it certainly applies after this latest dismal display. I know everyone blamed Bruce and now Smith, but it really doesn't matter who manages this squad, it's just not talented. IMO I put the blame on the clubs preseason economic uncertainty that kept us from buying good players. Once we got the green light, it was Bruce trying to get bits-and-pieces from the salvage yard to compete against teams that had already made quality signings. I know I'm in the super minority, but I don't blame Bruce or Smith because I don't think even Pep can make chicken salad out of this Villa poop.'

It’s much easier to blame Smith. Just do that instead. You should then blame the next manager before we’ve appointed him.

And so on and so forth.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Mings good

Worst game so far for McGinn and Abraham. Should have had a pen but again not really deserved to win.

Bit frustrating really

Below par for them sure, bit still bright and better than the rest of our lot.

Played off the park tonight. Not ready to blame Smith as I’m not sure what changes he could have made to the starting 11. The legacy of the age of our squad I’m afraid. 

Old Smith team vs New Smith team - result is to highlight how poor the Villa squad is.  Not Smiths fault

Kalinic was class. Mings is a monster. McGinn is superb. Tammy was isolated. Those four aside, the rest is blatantly obvious im afraid. Not too worried about another season in the championship providing we can keep the better players, I just know that won’t include Jack 😢

3 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Gutless again, put some of the under 23s in can’t be anyworse than the likes of Hutton and hourihane 

Thing is, it wasn't entirely gutless. In defence, we were spirited, the back 4 did okay defensively. Full back support was poor, but that's what you get with Hutton and a center back played at left back.

We lost that game in midfield, where we were totally dominated yet again. I know McGinn is currently our best central midfielder and everyone's favourite, because he tries, but he's (almost) as culpable as anyone else. 

It's all too slow, too predictable and negative on the ball. We're so careless in possession, we could play our own under 23s and make them look good due to the lack of ability to keep the ball. 

• Like 2

So, that was 2018-19. 

We're nothing at the moment, no drive, no plan, no effort. I hate to think that these players might switch off now that the playoffs are gone. On Saturday we'll have to watch the Albion bury us and then it's a long run of rubbish til the end of the season, including a troubling trip to the sty.

What's worse is that of the players that started tonight, only Kalinic, Hourihane and McGinn will be here for the start of next season. We have a massive rebuilding job to do and we've got to do it on an FFP budget. From where we are right now I'd have to say I think it's very unlikely we'll be able to build a squad capable of competing for promotion next season - we're about seventeen players short - which would be amusing if it were an exaggeration.

It's the long haul.

Fair play to Brentford who were easily the better side on the night and fully deserved to win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, romavillan said:

If Smith is so out of his depth how come a side he helped create and coach just gave us another schooling just like when he was their coach? Smith? Really?

Exactly the point he signed all these players he should know their weaknesses and we were pathetic. Did not apply any form of pressure on them 

Outclassed tactically by his old number two. Embarrassing 

Different players, different managers, different owners, but we are still producing the same shit every year. I'm lost as to what it's going to take to turn this shit around. The blame has gone from top to bottom, but the same issues remain. 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Consistently garbage. I'm fed of this shit. I really have lost interest in this season. Too many shit wankish people performances. 

He continues to play shit like adomah who offers nothing. Smith's out of his depth. He can't even give us a advantage over. A team he signed 75%of the players. 

‘He continues to play Adomah’

Who else should he play out wide? Green? El Mohamady? Are they better?

So many of you criticise the team selections and the manager yet we literally have no other options - the entire squad is garbage. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, that was 2018-19. 

We're nothing at the moment, no drive, no plan, no effort. I hate to think that these players might switch off now that the playoffs are gone. On Saturday we'll have to watch the Albion bury us and then it's a long run of rubbish til the end of the season, including a troubling trip to the sty.

What's worse is that of the players that started tonight, only Kalinic, Hourihane and McGinn will be here for the start of next season. We have a massive rebuilding job to do and we've got to do it on an FFP budget. From where we are right now I'd have to say I think it's very unlikely we'll be able to build a squad capable of competing for promotion next season - we're about seventeen players short - which would be amusing if it were an exaggeration.

It's the long haul.

Fair play to Brentford who were easily the better side on the night and fully deserved to win.

The only benefit is we can't be any worse than this. These eplayer a are Utter shit 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly the point he signed all these players he should know their weaknesses and we were pathetic. Did not apply any form of pressure on them 

Outclassed tactically by his old number two. Embarrassing 

Most embarrassing post of the night so far.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villatillidie1980 said:

Not too worried about another season in the championship providing we can keep the better players, I just know that won’t include Jack 😢

Out of interest, which are the players you'd be looking for us to keep?

From what we own, I'd keep Chester, McGinn, Davis and if we can, Grealish - but that's about it.

Â