Racism Part two

Demitri_C

I think we are all missing the point of the word.  In the world of PC it is not OK to say to a racist a "Hi,  Mr.  racist word removed f*** face,  stfu"

So it's to replace that and not to trigger the Gammon people further.  So it's for them actually as the truth is not for kids ears ?

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There are whole swathes of people, including people I know who think that "Karen" is racist.

The people who find gammon and karen offensive are people who have never actually experienced real racism.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Similarly, black people can burn in direct sunlight, and can blush when embarrassed

A mate of mine of Indian parentage gets really pissed off when he gets sunburned - he thinks he should have an exemption.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The people who find gammon and karen offensive are people who have never actually experienced real racism.

Nail. Head. I don't buy this 'White people can experience racism' thing at all. Anybody who says that probably means that a black guy called them 'whitey', or some such. That's just day to day rudeness. Name-calling is the very least of it. I want to know how many white British people are routinely stopped by the police on the basis of skin colour? How many have trouble getting employment for the same reason? How many are frequently assaulted? Maybe in Mugabe's Zimbabwe, but Britain? Nah. What matters is systemic racism. And white British people simply have no experience of that whatsoever. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Only a snowflake would get upset by the term gammon, but I thought the gammon brigade love a good snowflake slinging session. It warps my mind. 

I prefer to just call someone a pr*ck, if that's what they are. It reduces the chance of you being labelled a racist. 

Yeah but the snowflake gammons get offended by that as well.

1 hour ago, ChrisVillan said:

Yeah but the snowflake gammons get offended by that as well.

I will eat at the first restaurant that invents a dish called snowflake gammon and puts it on the menu (unless it involves inappropriate use of gravy obviously)

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

who the **** is david vance

Alt Right Pseudo journalist

An absolute no-one with way too much echo in the chamber

That he's on Parler says enough really.

If you don't know what Parler is, its a social media site inhabited by Trumpers, Alt Right nutjobs and conspiracy theorists... oh and Saudis. Its where the nutters go when they've been banned from Twitter and Facebook as it brands itself as free speech

I suspect David Vance was looking for the badge of honour "banned by Twitter"

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

"unfortunately black men leave their kids, have you ever met your dad"

Imagine asking someone that. Put your hands together ladies and gentlemen, we've got a new World rocket polisher Champion.

Edited by Davkaus

Just now, Davkaus said:

Imagine asking someone that. Puts your hands together ladies and gentlemen, we've got a new World rocket polisher Champion.

People believe myths and all sorts as fact.  There are loads if I think about it in the UK.

Not many here though (NL).  

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Imagine asking someone that. Put your hands together ladies and gentlemen, we've got a new World rocket polisher Champion.

Having done a small bit of research it seems Rashfords dad did walk out on the family early on and he was raised by his mother.

So it seems a very pointed and deliberate comment to make. 

Of course, many white men walk out on their families too (as I know too well) so it’s really a moot point.

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Having done a small bit of research it seems Rashfords dad did walk out on the family early on and he was raised by his mother.

So it seems a very pointed and deliberate comment to make. 

Of course, many white men walk out on their families too (as I know too well) so it’s really a moot point.

I'm not sure that makes it any better. Bit like asking someone with no arms how many pairs of gloves they own.

• Like 1

Â