Racism Part two

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I thought a gammon was a white man with high blood pressure that means they have a pink face, usually Tory voters in their 50s and 60s and not big Corbyn fans and are Brexit voters.  It's a mix where you could say they're being stereotyped because of how they look, but then they are generally more mocked for their views, which isn't a racial thing.  It's more just name-calling than racism, a bit petty but not that sinister.

You don’t have to be white to be a gammon.

Its nothing to do with race

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Because i think that would be offensive. So i think calling a white or pink gammon is equally as offensive

"A white or pink"? A white or pink what? What are you talking about? :D 

Why would calling a black person a steak be offensive? What does calling a black person a steak mean? Is there some sort of racial connotation behind the word "steak"? Why would you call someone a steak?

So many questions :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

"A white or pink"? A white or pink what? What are you talking about? :D 

Why would calling a black person a steak be offensive? What does calling a black person a steak mean? Is there some sort of racial connotation behind the word "steak"? Why would you call someone a steak?

So many questions :D 

Quiet, cooked chicken breast!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Because i think that would be offensive. So i think calling a white or pink gammon is equally as offensive

Not sure about steak as an example but I think a white person can call another white person a gammon and it’s not racist.  If a non white person called a white person a gammon then it might be seen as racist.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not sure about steak as an example but I think a white person can call another white person a gammon and it’s not racist.  If a non white person called a white person a gammon then it might be seen as racist.

Gammon has nothing to do with being white. It's not a term used for exclusively white men. The typical gammon in this country would be white, but it does not refer to a white person.

A black person, asian, chinese etc anyone can be a gammon

I have no idea why "steak" has been brought into the conversation :D 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Gammon has nothing to do with being white. It's not a term used for exclusively white men. The typical gammon in this country would be white, but it does not refer to a white person.

A black person, asian, chinese etc anyone can be a gammon

I have no idea why "steak" has been brought into the conversation :D 

I've genuinely never heard of a non-white person being called a gammon before but I may be wrong.  I assume Dem used the steak example as being dark brown.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yep i agree with that 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've genuinely never heard of a non-white person being called a gammon before but I may be wrong.  I assume Dem used the steak example as being dark brown.

That's because we live in a country where the majority of people who are a gammon would be white. 

A gammon is to do with the views you hold, and the gammon part refers to people getting red in the face because they're so angry (Usually about something stupid like immigration)

There is nothing about it that is exclusive to white people.

WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT STEAK?! :D What has a steak being dark brown got to do with anything?!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's because we live in a country where the majority of people who are a gammon would be white. 

A gammon is to do with the views you hold, and the gammon part refers to people getting red in the face because they're so angry (Usually about something stupid like immigration)

There is nothing about it that is exclusive to white people.

WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT STEAK?! :D What has a steak being dark brown got to do with anything?!

It's more to do with middle aged white men with high blood pressure than turning them red in the face through anger though isn't it?  

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's more to do with middle aged white men with high blood pressure than turning them red in the face through anger though isn't it?  

Yes, minus the white part.

If a black man was on telly going red in the face because he was shouting about immigrants taking our jobs and wanting to leave the EU to take our laws back he would be a gammon

Edited by Stevo985

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes, minus the white part.

If a black man was on telly going red in the face because he was shouting about immigrants taking our jobs and wanting to leave the EU to take our laws back he would be a gammon

This might sound bad, but do black people go red in the face from high blood pressure? 

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

This might sound bad, but do black people go red in the face from high blood pressure? 

No idea. But Everyone goes red in the face from getting angry about stuff. Which is the point.

• Like 1

Â