Racism Part two

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

These days you can't even instigate a local apartheid movement without the PC brigade jumping down your throat.

Its political correctness gone mad! 

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just saw the term gammon on another thread and had to look up what it meant. 

Could the term be regarded as racist?

I don't see how it can, but I've no idea what definition you've read.

17 minutes ago, penguin said:

Why?

The term clearly has a negative racial element to it. That it’s so acceptable to use seems very hypocritical to me.

What’s the racial bit? I’ve missed that angle?

Are we going to have to start just referring to the ‘g’ word?

Is limpid going to need a word filter and we just think people are writing ‘salty porcine cuts’?

Edited by chrisp65

27 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

What’s the racial bit? I’ve missed that angle?

Are we going to have to start just referring to the ‘g’ word?

Is limpid going to need a word filter and we just think people are writing ‘salty porcine cuts’?

It’s negatively referring to skin colour, I can’t see how the racial element isn’t apparent unless you are deliberately trying to miss it.

And of course not, I was asking why it’s so obviously idiotic that there’s even a debate that it can be seen as a racist term. But great straw man I’ll sure you’ll get the likes you’re after.

It's not. Its referring to how red people go when they get angry (I believe it was coined after the May/Corbyn election when a bunch of blokes were bright red yelling at Corbyn) about nukes 

That it's mostly white people who seem to display this is neither here nor there

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, penguin said:

It’s negatively referring to skin colour,

It's more of a reaction thing than colour as far as I know.  These type of people get very angry,  something happens to the capillaries in their face some have a change in facial complexion.  The name is to suggest a person reacts to the wrong things in the completely wrong way & usually OTT to boot.

It is that same as calling a women "Karen",  it is not a new service to change peoples name or a "Game of chance" that her name is actually "Karen",  but it is to inform her & anyone watching that she is "acting" line a word removed.  

So,  even if you are blind,  you can still call people a "Gammon" and thus,  cannot be racist.  

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

Â