Racism Part two

Demitri_C

16 hours ago, Graham t said:

Sorry 'London' I have never heard of the guy. Please educate me, I don't know everything,( I just think I do 😉).

VLD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies)[1][2] is an Internet adage asserting that "as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1".[2][3] That is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Adolf Hitler or his deeds, the point at which effectively the discussion or thread often ends.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

You just absolutely made my point for me. Thanks

Again rubbish, again in my opinion, to add further clarity, none of those assassinations have been in America and none of them are involved with black activists. We had the same nonsense spouted when Barack Obama became president, he will never last term etc etc.

Should a hierarchy of a BLM type movement become known they would be protected at the same level as a high-ranking US senator or even president given the current world sentiment. Yes there is a chance that some wacko might take a pop but the clever right-wing racist would never make the move because the martyrdom it would cause and the unsurmountable damage to their own agenda

Also, because you say something does not make it fact or true. It is very easy to point score to a mainly on side audience

Edited by Follyfoot

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

How very patronsing of you, Tone. I thought you were better than that.

Don't flatter yourself. There is no eagerness.

Your post said

Nobody has said this is the case.

Your last line is

Which isn't true.

What part of your post have I failed to read that would make any difference?

Having come home from work and gone for a run and cleared my head a bit , whilst I stand by some of my post it probably was a bit more aggressive than warranted so sorry about that .

12 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Well that was complicated. It even included a word I have never heard of (canonical ).... My anology may have been a bit clumsy but, as I have stressed, my point was you simply can't decide when and where to adhere to the law to suit your own particular feelings on any given day.

Thanks for the link, 

Regards,

VLD.

As has been stated in this thread many times.

There was local feeling to bring it down democratically and it was always met with resistance. So they compromised and stated that it can stay up but it needs a plaque clarifying what awful things Colston was involved in too, including the slavery and deaths of children. The wording was agreed by a wide panel of representatives including those from the school named after Colston.

What happened? A shady league called  the Society of Merchant Venturers vetoed it alongside a Tory councillor and the wording was changed to remove any reference to slavery.

It coming down, was a final frustration.

As others have said, you mentioned Hitler, you must think the troops just following the law and executing German citizens hiding Jews etc were just doing what they were supposed to, and the protectors were breaking the law...

Edited by StefanAVFC

A good post with some excellent points. I have mentioned earlier that my anology was clumsy.

But.

You simply can't ignore the law just because you don't think it is appropriate. If you do then you will have anarchy, and then what?

Regards,

VLD.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Graham t said:

A good post with some excellent points. I have mentioned earlier that my anology was clumsy.

But.

You simply can't ignore the law just because you don't think it is appropriate. If you do then you will have anarchy, and then what?

Regards,

VLD.

Good afternoon officer, yes, Ms Frank is hiding under my floorboards. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Again rubbish, again in my opinion, to add further clarity, none of those assassinations have been in America and none of them are involved with black activists. We had the same nonsense spouted when Barack Obama became president, he will never last term etc etc.

Does it count as an assassination if someone decides to plough a car into anti racism protesters or do they have to target a specific name?

54 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Should a hierarchy of a BLM type movement become known they would be protected at the same level as a high-ranking US senator or even president given the current world sentiment.

Also, because you say something does not make it fact or true. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Graham t said:

Yes an interesting point of view. Whist it is okay to break the law and vandalise a statue to bring 'attention' to racism it is wrong for someone whose beliefs you disagree with to do the same? 

Has anyone said this?

1 hour ago, Graham t said:

But.

Regards,

VLD.

Exactly. That's why every single relative of people who use cannabis to alleviate chronic pain also smoke lots of weed.

Oh...

1 hour ago, Graham t said:

Well that was complicated. It even included a word I have never heard of (canonical ).... My anology may have been a bit clumsy but, as I have stressed, my point was you simply can't decide when and where to adhere to the law to suit your own particular feelings on any given day.

Thanks for the link, 

Regards,

VLD.

Voted Liberal Democrat? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Graham t said:

You didn't mention Hitler........

VLD.

Well, yeah. On the one hand, Rosa Parks committed civil disobedience by sitting at the front of the bus. On the other, Hitler committed civil disobedience during the Beer Hall Putsch.

I guess we may need to apply some sort of moral framework to evaluate whether these were good or bad or something?

• Like 3

Â