Racism Part two

Demitri_C

31 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

As you quoted me and used the word you. 

Pop up the top and pop Statue and me as the author. I was against the statues coming down when BLM protestors were bringing them down. I think the replacement is a fairly good thing to do. 

BLM removed or wanted the removal of statues because of links to slavery. If Jen Reid’s statue is removed, its because of racism and not that due process was followed. 

Incorrect, the council did not give permission for the statue of Jen to be erected. It will be removed for this reason only. It isn't racist to obey the law.

If people want a statue removed they should start a online petition and approach the relevant council indicating the support that has been shown by the petition.

Surely this is the way to behave in a civilised society.....

Regards,

VLD.

Just now, Graham t said:

Incorrect, the council did not give permission for the statue of Jen to be erected. It will be removed for this reason only. It isn't racist to obey the law.

If people want a statue removed they should start a online petition and approach the relevant council indicating the support that has been shown by the petition.

Surely this is the way to behave in a civilised society.....

Regards,

VLD.

If its removed by anyone other than the council, I should have stressed. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Doubt the bookies would take my money tbh

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'd also wager they were ....

Anyone else noticed that lockdown has caused @bickster to develop a gambling habit :) 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

f its removed by anyone other than the council, I should have stressed. 

It was pretty much implicit anyway, I doubt many people reading what you wrote didn't understand that

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

If people always obeyed the law, change would rarely if ever happen. Pretty much every societal change in modern times that has advanced one oppressed grouping or another's right not to be oppressed has been brought about because people broke the law.

The suffragettes broke the law

The anti-apartheit movement broke the law

I shouldn't need to go on to explain this any further

You didn't mention Hitler........

VLD.

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Jen Reid might just be your run-of-the-mill activist  and not a diehard Marxist :)  ,  but I'm sure someone  is currently trawling through her Internet history looking for dirt.

Sorry to single out 1 line from your post, which I generally agree with, but even if she is a die hard Marxist, believe that workers need to mobilize and seize the means of production is quite a ways away from being someone who traded human bodies as a commodity I would say. Or even just a run of the mill racist.

1 minute ago, Graham t said:

Or Stalin

or Pol Pot

'I shouldn't need to explain this any further.......

VLD.

You really are just trolling us. You compare movements that freed many. That made fellow humans equal to others who just happened to be a different colour or sex. You are comparing those to Genocidal maniacs. You are beyond comprehension.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

There was nothing else in your post that added further context. That isn't how forums work. I always quote the relevant point, which I did. That sentence is complete and utter bollocks

No moral highground was taken. I chose to point out someone was talking crap. No cheap shots at "others" were made, apart from by you in this very quoted post. Nothing in my post relates to polictical correctness either

If people actually think that political assasinations just do not happen in this day and age, then that is simply wrong. I'd also wager they were far more likely to happen to people of colour, campaigning for people of colour not to be discriminated against

Utter rubbish, there have been 11 civil rights activist assassination’s in the last 10 years. Please provide evidence to the contrary. With the current situation makes it highly unlikely that would happen as it would make the protests 100 times worse than now if it did and the protection given to anyone who would put there face to the movement would be one of the most protected people on the planet, This is no longer the 1960s in a deep  south  of America

Edited by Follyfoot

Just now, Keyblade said:

Sorry to single out 1 line from your post, which I generally agree with, but even if she is a die hard Marxist, believe that workers need to mobilize and seize the means of production is quite a ways away from being someone who traded human bodies as a commodity I would say. Or even just a run of the mill racist.

Yeah that line was kinda a humorous play on accusations of BLM being Marxists , but I agree you raise a valid point , well 2 actually 

• Like 2

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Yeah that line was kinda a humorous play on accusations of BLM being Marxists , but I agree you raise a valid point , well 2 actually 

Yeah I couldn't tell. I've seen that talking point too many times in this thread and on social media :lol: 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

You really are just trolling us. You compare movements that freed many. That made fellow humans equal to others who just happened to be a different colour or sex. You are comparing those to Genocidal maniacs. You are beyond comprehension.  

They are all people who thought the law was irrelevant. This is not trolling just because your argument is full of holes....

Regards,

VLD.

Edited by limpid

38 minutes ago, Graham t said:

They are all people who thought the law was irrelevant. This is not trolling just because your argument is full of holes....

Regards,

VLD.

If we are going down the Godwin route, what are your thoughts on the German citizens who chose to defy Germany’s laws under Hitlers rule forbidding the offering of help or protection to Jewish people in hiding?

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

If we are going down the Godwin route, what are your thoughts on the German citizens who chose to defy Germany’s laws under Hitlers rule forbidding the offering of help or protection to Jewish people in hiding?

Sorry 'London' I have never heard of the guy. Please educate me, I don't know everything,( I just think I do 😉).

VLD.

Â