Norwich City

TRO

On 20/08/2022 at 16:27, Mantis said:

I wouldn't.

Which isn't to say I'd be against getting rid of Gerrard, but I certainly wouldn't have Smith back. Was time to move on.

So if by the end of the season Smith has completely transformed his managerial skills and tactics and Norwich breaking records with incredible football, you wouldn't have him back?

1 hour ago, a-k said:

So if by the end of the season Smith has completely transformed his managerial skills and tactics and Norwich breaking records with incredible football, you wouldn't have him back?

Purely based on what happened the last time we nicked a manager off Norwich, no.

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Up to second at the moment,  incredibly premature criticism of Smith’s job there.

The championship is already looking tight this year, everyone has lost a game and no-one is pulling away yet. I'll be well chuffed if Deano can get Norwich promoted

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Bizarre comment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/09/2022 at 01:02, rodders0223 said:

We really bid 30 odd million for this clown.

Our transfer business has not been good.

This hasn’t happened has it? Even so we really dodged a bullet with this one some posters in here thought he was the next messiah how far off the mark they were!

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Definitely. Silly decision.

Clearly had no plan because they appointed a guy who had just been sacked.

Farke would have walked after relegation last season anyway. Whats the point of managing a club with zero ambition and why would he go all in on a 3rd promotion, he isn't Neil Warnock

Smith won a couple of games to take them out of the relegation zone last January window and they gave him nothing to work with. Not saying would have kept them up but at least try

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Farke would have walked after relegation last season anyway. Whats the point of managing a club with zero ambition and why would he go all in on a 3rd promotion, he isn't Neil Warnock

Smith won a couple of games to take them out of the relegation zone last January window and they gave him nothing to work with. Not saying would have kept them up but at least try

They bought quite a few players the summer before, it would have been stupid to saddle themselves with a bunch of high-paid mercenaries when they were always likely to go down. 

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

I just look at the job Kompany is doing and the way he has transformed the way Burnley play. Smith is an average manager.

Norwich were the bookies favourite to finish top of the devision.

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yet Kompany did poor in his last job

Young managers learn and improve though. I suspect he will get a bigger job offer but trouble is he wont have full control over transfers like he has at Burnley.  

24 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Bit of an unspoken hero ROK. Seemed like one helluva guy too, hope he's enjoying retirement.

Yes much love for the guy too. As much as I admire and respect Deano, it’s just not worked out for him at Norwich. 

Â