Norwich City

TRO

I think Deano will get them promoted automatically. Where he goes from there is hard to say. Getting Norwich promoted hasn't really springboarded any other coaches to stardom... Paul Lambert maybe (lol). It will still be incredibly difficult to keep the ultimate yo-yo club in the Premier League, and if he does, it'll likely be a 17th place finish scraped in the last few games of the season.

Still, I think the people saying he's failing there have spoken far too soon. The performances have been decent.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I'd take back Smith in a heartbeat if the alternative is Gerrard 

I wouldn't.

Which isn't to say I'd be against getting rid of Gerrard, but I certainly wouldn't have Smith back. Was time to move on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I wouldn't.

Which isn't to say I'd be against getting rid of Gerrard, but I certainly wouldn't have Smith back. Was time to move on.

This. Was time for Smith probably to move on. We just **** up the next appointment

Just now, Zatman said:

Jack played well for Norwich last few games

I just hapened to notice that 

1 - we were doing nothing in the Championship,then Jack came back from injury and we went on a 10 game winning run that ended up in promotion

2 - In Smith,s very first season the owners were going to sack him if we didnt win our next game ( Vs Chelsea ) but his father died and he kept his job

3 - We were about 6th in the Pl and then Jack got injured and we got 1 point from our next 10 games

4 - We got into real trouble in the PL,when ?.....When Jack went to Man $ity 

Just now, PussEKatt said:

1 - we were doing nothing in the Championship,then Jack came back from injury and we went on a 10 game winning run that ended up in promotion

2 - In Smith,s very first season the owners were going to sack him if we didnt win our next game ( Vs Chelsea ) but his father died and he kept his job

3 - We were about 6th in the Pl and then Jack got injured and we got 1 point from our next 10 games

Also,you can see how well DS is doing right now at Norwich.They are the bookies favourite to go streight back up and where are they ?????   24th

2 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

A good manager gets the best out of the players they have

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Also,you can see how well DS is doing right now at Norwich.They are the bookies favourite to go streight back up and where are they ?????   24th

Uh, no they aren't. They are in 5th currently

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

You know having a star player who the team relies on to win games doesn’t mean the manager is shit?

Also wtf is the point about his father dying doing in this list. Obscene.

Anyway, back on topic, Norwich is a big chance for Smith to prove he is actually a decent coach who doesn’t need to have Grealish or be a “life long fan” to do a good job somewhere. I think he will now get some momentum going, especially with Pukki available, and I hope he does well.

Also think the Stevie fanboys sitting there dishing out confused reactions on anything vaguely positive about Smith are **** weirdos.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Even if it was true, point 2 has nothing whatsoever to do with Grealish.

I’m still waiting for someone from the “it was all Grealish” camp to explain why we weren’t promoted either season before, or why we weren’t running away with the league when Smith was appointed. 

Likewise, Grealish played nearly the entirety of our first season back, we finished 17th. He misses a third of the next season, we finished 11th. But it was all Jack, right? None of the other players or the management team are due any acknowledgment, yeah?

Suggests to me that maybe, just maybe, there was credit to be given elsewhere, in addition to the credit attributed to Jack Grealish.

• Like 2

Â