Norwich City

TRO

27 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't understand why they dislike a teenage lad who went there on loan so much?  Just seems bizarre.

There was a sense that VIlla and Ramsey exaggerated the injury so that you could get him back after Smith was sacked. That obviously doesn't seem massively unlikely considering his recovery and the fact he was immedietly farmed out to a club with another former Villa coach on staff.

There was also some 'insider' info which said that he threw his toys out of the pram when Smith left but I didn't really buy that.

After a rough start for him there weren't many doubting his talent. 

6 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Norwich fans. They are like the small heath of the east.

Angry

Inbred sister shaggers

Weird

Losers

I disagree........Ipswich are worse

In the 1970's their fans used to sing to us about the "Ipswich Republican Army" in the wake of the Birmingham pub bombings by the IRA.

Horrible fans.....

Stale squad. Poor recruitment. Sold their best players for years. Fostered a culture of it's absolutely acceptable to go down and no ambition.

But it's Deano's fault.  Honest!!

Some of their fans have been made to look like absolute clowns.

• Like 1

Agree with some of that for sure. 

Whilst I don't think the squad as a whole is stale there's no way we should be building around Hanley and McLean all these years later. Teemu Pukki in retrospect probably should have been moved on too  with both Smith and his replacement's style not fitting him. We've been a much better side when Sargent has started up top.

Poor recruitment, particularly in 21-22, absolutely. Arguably 20-21 too in some regard but we also broke our Champs points recrod that year.

Sold best players for years. Only really matters when you don't replace them which we've only not done once with Buendia. Granted it's probably ended up being the most important one.

The 'no ambishun' line is thrown around a lot by press and other fans and I don't really understand it. We spent 70+ million in out last Premier League season, poorly but we still spent it. That's 70+ million in a year where we also lost 35m in revenue due to Covid. I think we got our recruitment strategy horribly wrong but I think there was ambition to stay up. Farke's early firing would also suggest that (and was also a horrible call from Webber) even if we did replace him with one of the most uninspiring men in football when we needed a big lift (rip Leicester). 

I think most Norwich fans agree that there was far more going on than Smith's own personal failure, even more so now. That being said I don't know one person, in the real world or online, that would take him back. Even over Wagner who is not setting the world on fire.

• Like 1

Never mind all that....how has Max Aarons been linked to all of Liverpool, Man. United, Roma, Bayern Munich and Barca in his career?!

Guy must have some agent/team of publicists behind him.

Will probably have similar career as Jamal Lewis when he leaves given he sometimes still pops up on the Newcastle subs bench once a month.

• Like 1

He's represented by Rio Ferdinand's agency so yup, there has been some **** at play.  They also represent Ben Godfrey, Josh and Jacob Murphy as well as a few more of our youth players.

That being said 2 seasons ago Barcelona genuinely did come in for him (on loan), we rejected that because they wanted to pay us in exposure and not give us a guaranteed future fee. 

Desperately needs to play in a team that's on the front foot most of the time and we've not been that for the last 2 seasons. His next move is massive for his career, I feel. Would not be surprised if he ended up in the Bundesliga.

I’m thoroughly enjoying their implosion.

They couldn’t understand why Buendia would leave them and come to us.  I kid you not.

They didn’t like Smith even whilst he was top/second.

The didn’t like Aaron Ramsey, and accused him of being teachers pet.

It’s about time they were reminded that they’re a shit tiny club.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Thug said:

They couldn’t understand why Buendia would leave them and come to us.  I kid you not.

They make good mustard, though. That's important. I like mustard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Implosion is far too dramatic. It's been slow lead poisoning over the course of about 3 years.

We'll still be better off without Smith in the long run though.

And Dowell is better than Ramsey too. ;)

8 hours ago, Thug said:

I love everything about this. 

8 hours ago, HKP90 said:

They make good mustard, though. That's important. I like mustard.

Colmans is average if you like Mustard try and find Taylors it's loads better 😜 

Â