Norwich City

TRO

38 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Young managers learn and improve though. I suspect he will get a bigger job offer but trouble is he wont have full control over transfers like he has at Burnley.  

You dont manage Anderlecht to learn and improve

Wpuld be like somebody getting a Premier League job as a training program. 

Some of the fans are calling for Hassnhuttl as manager. These guys are just as deluded as I thought when they said Buendia should have stayed there instead of joining us

Will probably end up bringing home club legend Steve Bruce

Hasenhuttl is just one of those in the bookies list that doesn't make us cry at the thought of it. Not many actually thought a man with that ego would drop to the Championship though. Similar with th Bodo/Glimt guy who we were apparently after before Smith became available.

As of the last few hours David Wagner is the bookies favourite. Makes sense for a lot of reasons.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Naaaaarch said:

Hasenhuttl is just one of those in the bookies list that doesn't make us cry at the thought of it. Not many actually thought a man with that ego would drop to the Championship though. Similar with th Bodo/Glimt guy who we were apparently after before Smith became available.

As of the last few hours David Wagner is the bookies favourite. Makes sense for a lot of reasons.

If you thought Smith was dull, you’ll be out of your mind if you get Wagner. Steer well clear!

• Like 1

I remember Wagner's Huddersfield being a pretty interesting team in the Championship. After that, not so much. I'd still take him over a majority of the 'realistic' bookies favs and the version of Dean Smith we had.

39 minutes ago, Naaaaarch said:

I remember Wagner's Huddersfield being a pretty interesting team in the Championship. After that, not so much. I'd still take him over a majority of the 'realistic' bookies favs and the version of Dean Smith we had.

They were one of the most negative teams about, got promoted with 56 goals...Pukki scores similar

His Schalke job was even more disgraceful

I remember them coming to Carrow Road and looking great, it's possible they were in a hot streak at that point and I'm remembering them as more than they were. That being said if we can have that level of intensity and tactical understanding here I'll take it in a heartbeat.

Schalke were a basket case around the time he was there and I believe he did better than the coaches before and after. I'd be more sceptical of the most recent role he had at Young Boys Bern.

I have no doubt there are better targets out there but I don't currently trust Webber to unearthone. I think Wagner is a safe bet and will get us into the playoffs at a minimum. 

On 20/12/2022 at 12:55, Zatman said:

Yet Kompany did poor in his last job

Yeah but the fact remains he has made burnley into one of the best teams in the league on a limited budget.

Kompany is a young manager i expect city will be keeping an eye on his progress

Unless Webber is sabotaging there's no way we'd take Bruce. Even more than the Wagner link this one stinks of the bookies manipulating the market.

One of the few managers about that would have us saying that we should have just stuck with Smith.

A friend of mine who works for Norwich and had dealings with Smith in person many times said he was a really nice guy but that his football was awful. Hassenhutll is who he wants to take over.

Edited by Mantis

Hasenhüttl would get better job offers than Norwich, he doesn't need to drop to the Championship, the days of such high profile managers managing in that division probably ended when the likes of us, Wolves, Leeds, and Newcastle got promoted, other clubs in the second tier don't have the pulling power or resources, the Championship as a league doesn't have the same kind of pulling power as it did three or four seasons back with those teams in it, only way that' going to change is if 'bigger' clubs get relegated again, or if some of the current Championhip clubs come into money via takeover as happened with Wolves.

Probably someone like Russell Martin or Eustace would a good choice for Norwich, Swansea not doing great at the moment but they seem to have a knack of finding managers that go on to become highly rated, see Steve Cooper and Graham Potter, you could go further back to the likes of Martinez and Rodgers; Martin was actually considered for the Brighton job if their judgement is anything to by, if you look at the amount of points Swansea have now it's 32 from 24 games the exact same amount that Potter had after 24 games and he had a better squad.

Mark Robins could be another good option, but not sure if he'd leave Coventry.

On 28/12/2022 at 23:58, Naaaaarch said:

The only thing I remember about Wagners Huddersfield is that prick taking his foot off the pedal against Birmingham City and resting his squad for the playoffs… City went on to win and survive relegation when they should have circled the drain into oblivion…

I don’t care if it was in the best interests of the fans of Huddersfield… Who cares about Huddersfield anyway… I don’t think it’s a real place…

Edited by DJ_Villain
Poor grammar

Yeah, Hassenhuttl would be perfect if we had the cash and he had less of an ego. Too big for Southampton isn't he? No chance, sadly.

Tim Walter is the name doing the rounds today. Youngish manager at Hamburg, has done well in all of his jobs thus far. No idea what his style of play looks like but it seems far more a Webber hire than Wilder or Bruce.

Â