Norwich City

TRO

8 minutes ago, Naaaaarch said:

Yeah, Hassenhuttl would be perfect if we had the cash and he had less of an ego. Too big for Southampton isn't he? No chance, sadly.

Tim Walter is the name doing the rounds today. Youngish manager at Hamburg, has done well in all of his jobs thus far. No idea what his style of play looks like but it seems far more a Webber hire than Wilder or Bruce.

Hamburg should be really in Bundesliga and they threw promotion away last season and aren't running away with the league this season. Have lost 5 games already this season

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Bruce strongly rumoured now

I can't take that seriously. Firstly Norwich are more a development club so someone like Bruce who constantly demands 5-6 new signings a window (and experienced ones at that) would be complete opposite of their usual style.

I also wonder what these clubs are basing him on these days. His record at WBA was abysmal, he did o.k at Newcastle for first year but then their results were terrible for ages and not like he was a great success here with a very experienced and talented squad that should've gone up automatically in 17/18.

Bruce's best work was at Hull and that was nearly a decade ago now.

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I can't take that seriously. Firstly Norwich are more a development club so someone like Bruce who constantly demands 5-6 new signings a window (and experienced ones at that) would be complete opposite of their usual style.

I also wonder what these clubs are basing him on these days. His record at WBA was abysmal, he did o.k at Newcastle for first year but then their results were terrible for ages and not like he was a great success here with a very experienced and talented squad that should've gone up automatically in 17/18.

Bruce's best work was at Hull and that was nearly a decade ago now.

He is an ex player, saw  some link MON with the job as well

Just now, Zatman said:

He is an ex player, saw  some link MON with the job as well

Their last ex player in charge was Bryan Gunn and that was a disaster. Think his last game was losing 1-7 at home to Colchester and they appointed Lambert straight after the game.

Since then their appointments have been Hughton, Alex Neil, Farke and Dean Smith so they're not a club that just goes for ex players on a whim so getting Bruce in really would shock me. On what basis do you sell that appointment to their fanbase given the state he left WBA in?

Corberan would've been a really good fit for them actually but that's just a question of timing and West Brom pulled the trigger first and are getting their rewards.

• Like 1

There was a rumour that they wanted a tempory manager until the end of the season, that's the only way I could see them going for someone like Bruce, otherwise that type of appointment not their style.

Athletic saying that Wagner is one of four candidates, they don't mention anyone else, but I think Wilder is being speculated as one of the other options, their fans also talking about Hasenhüttl, Dyche, and Kjetil Knutsen as potentially being in the frame but those seem optimistic to me, all three can probably get job in top division.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I think they will land Hassenhutl, i quite like him as a manager and have thought he has often been unfortunate at southampton with the size of some of the losses.

He'll get a job back in the Bundesliga if he waits a few months.

Could see Wagner there but his stock has fallen a bit since the Huddersfield spell.

Nathan Jones will probably be free in about two weeks....

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

About the 3rd time I watch them. Not impressed. They need a huge manager bounce.

No manager and need to clear the stench the last manager left. 

Thought this place might have enjoyed that. I'd say it's still 2 decent performances relative to what's gone before. Clear that there's no confidence in the side right bow but yeah, 2 more wasted home games.

I will never understand why we've stuck with 433 so long when we've obviously not got the players for it. Our lack of a real DM (Hayden hasn't been fit) and quick winger makes the system pointless. With Sargent and Idah we've arguably got 2 strikers that would have worked well in Smith's team but both of them have been shunted out wide for the sake of Pukki who doesn't really fit this game.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jim said:

No manager and need to clear the stench the last manager left. 

We destroyed Brentford under a similar situation when we sacked the clearing in the woods and had a happy fanbase again

Surely 2 home games would have brought a better atmosphere against beatable opponents

16 minutes ago, Naaaaarch said:

Thought this place might have enjoyed that. I'd say it's still 2 decent performances relative to what's gone before. Clear that there's no confidence in the side right bow but yeah, 2 more wasted home games.

I will never understand why we've stuck with 433 so long when we've obviously not got the players for it. Our lack of a real DM (Hayden hasn't been fit) and quick winger makes the system pointless. With Sargent and Idah we've arguably got 2 strikers that would have worked well in Smith's team but both of them have been shunted out wide for the sake of Pukki who doesn't really fit this game.

i said it before but the squad really isnt that great and they have recruited poorly are still playing players from the relegation seasons like Hanley 

A huge overhaul is needed and Farke was never going to stay after another relegation anyway to not get backed again. I can see Norwich finishing near mid table and need a couple of years to rebuild

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

i said it before but the squad really isnt that great and they have recruited poorly are still playing players from the relegation seasons like Hanley 

A huge overhaul is needed and Farke was never going to stay after another relegation anyway to not get backed again. I can see Norwich finishing near mid table and need a couple of years to rebuild

To an extent I agree, we are weaker than when we scored 97 and 94 points in our 2 previous Championship seasons. Based on what I've seen though I still think there is still more than enough in this squad to be competing at a much higher level than we have been. The Championship's standard as a whole is also way down on were it was prior to Covid ravaging the finances of most clubs.

It's possible we're suffering with some sort of relegation fatigue but until we play a system that fits our players and we're still awful I'm not going to buy that. We lost some games and have been playing without confidence for most of the season Whilst the squad isn't in an ideal place i think a majority of our problems are upstairs.

I would be shocked if we aren't reverting to 4231 with the next manager so I guess it won't take long before we find out which one of us is right here. That being said even if we do turn it around this year there will likely still be a fairly significant churn next season. Pukki, Cantwell, Dowell, Byram, Sinani, Hernandez, Hugil, McGovern plus the loanees are all out of contract and I can't see us reupping many of them, if any. That's a decent chunk of wage by our standard (Pukki on his full £50k+ p/w Premier League wage this year due how his extension played out). 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Naaaaarch said:

To an extent I agree, we are weaker than when we scored 97 and 94 points in our 2 previous Championship seasons. Based on what I've seen though I still think there is still more than enough in this squad to be competing at a much higher level than we have been. The Championship's standard as a whole is also way down on were it was prior to Covid ravaging the finances of most clubs.

It's possible we're suffering with some sort of relegation fatigue but until we play a system that fits our players and we're still awful I'm not going to buy that. We lost some games and have been playing without confidence for most of the season Whilst the squad isn't in an ideal place i think a majority of our problems are upstairs.

I would be shocked if we aren't reverting to 4231 with the next manager so I guess it won't take long before we find out which one of us is right here. That being said even if we do turn it around this year there will likely still be a fairly significant churn next season. Pukki, Cantwell, Dowell, Byram, Sinani, Hernandez, Hugil, McGovern plus the loanees are all out of contract and I can't see us reupping many of them, if any. That's a decent chunk of wage by our standard (Pukki on his full £50k+ p/w Premier League wage this year due how his extension played out). 

Think the owners need to make a decision one way or another about the club future.

Significant spend will be needed to improve the squad but the wage structure would go out of control.

Can see them buckling down for a bit before making another run at it.

Â