Norwich City

TRO

He'll turn it around, by all accounts the losses are actually quite unlucky (as are West Brom's shockingly)

But yes, said it at the time he shouldn't have took that job. His stock was high and he just needing to wait it out. He's at the most pointless club in the country. Not a club to boost or maintain your profile.

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I just dont get this logic.

Smith took over a PL/Champ yo-yo team, with a squad that is really high quality for the Champ.

Nobody realistically expected him to keep them up last season (even if that was their hope - anyone could see it was highly unlikely), i think the real expectation would be to have taken this very, very good squad (for championship level), add a couple of quality players, get automatic promotion and give the PL a reasonable shot next season.

You're right nobody expected much from him in the prem, but I think it makes things much more difficult for a manager if you have a poor start in the Championship when you've overseen the team getting spanked since last year, even if they're not games people expected Norwich to win last season.

He's accepted a gig where it was almost a foregone conclusion that the fans' introduction to him was him leading their team to 6+ months of constant defeats. It was always going to make this season difficult unless they started well and look on course for automatic promotion.

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i think he jumped in too soon 

he should have stepped away, recharged and then gone to norwich or someone else full of beans

as it is I think they have a demotivated squad with a demotivated manager and a demotivated fanbase riding the back of a relegation and it shows, the goals they conceded at the weekend were nothing to do with football coaching, you cant coach that level of shitness in to a professional footballer, i think a lot of it is in their heads, they havent got that buzz around them of being a top championship team and deano wont shake that because he's also got that failure hanging around him

for all the yo-yoing of say norwich, fulham, baggies etc who from them has actually taken over as a manager mid way through a season, been relegated and then come straight back up? i think its just parker and even he was only caretaker manager of fulham and they were relegated after 1 game in charge so relegation really didnt land at his feet, it sounds easy on paper but im not convinced many have done it

Funnily enough McLeish actually took over SHA in December 2007 and couldn't keep them up but they came straight up the next season. They only went down on the last day though in 07/08.

It's a good question though given clubs usually change managers after being relegated for that fresh start aspect.

I can see pros and cons for DS taking over Norwich but he's on very thin ice now. Think difference this time is they have no Buendia in final third for them (although the Chile midfielder they signed looks promising) and Todd Cantwell is a shadow of what he was 2-3 years ago so they just don't look that creative and Pukki is getting on now.

• Like 1

Haha :twisted: just as I expected Norwich are top of the xG table. From what I've seen, the Cardiff and Wigan games, they've been very unlucky and wouldn't be surprised to see them record a big scoreline against someone very soon, feels like it's coming.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The championship is a long old season, impossible to make predictions based on 10 games let alone 3. Regardless of manager, I expect Norwich to be up there.

We had 7 points after 3 games in our promotion season, within 8 games we had a new manager 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We had 7 points after 3 games in our promotion season, within 8 games we had a new manager 

The previous season I think we had just 7 points from 7 games, and we still finished 4th (should have finished higher).

20 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The championship is a long old season, impossible to make predictions based on 10 games let alone 3. Regardless of manager, I expect Norwich to be up there.

Yes they have the makings of a very good side

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Thought tonight would be tricky but they're 2-0 up in 15 minutes. Deano in!

Huddersfield look like a bit of a mess with manager walking out week before season started. Why I think poor move for KKH

Â