Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

I wonder if he was always going to be in the 25, and we've been discussing a complete non issue, or if Preece was right and Gerrard changed his mind?

It would have been madness to have kept him and not included him when we weren't using our 25 allowed. In hindsight I can't believe even Gerrard would have been dumb enough to do that. 

Maybe he was planning to be that dumb, but the Cash injury changed his mind.

Either way, a lot of wasted effort getting annoyed about it. I'll still be somewhat amazed if Gerrard decides to play him ahead of Young but hopefully he will give it a go.

Cash has had one good game this season and giving Fred a chance would probably give Cash a kick up the arse that he seemingly needs. Complacency could be setting in due to there being no threat to his place.  Even with the best will in the world, we've seen it happen so many times before.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

All of Villa Talk is just one anti Gerrard thread, in everything. There is absolutely nothing about the Club we can't blame on Gerrard. The whole saga has made me realise how few intelligent reasonable people actually post here.

I’m going to take that as a compliment 😃 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

All of Villa Talk is just one anti Gerrard thread, in everything. There is absolutely nothing about the Club we can't blame on Gerrard. The whole saga has made me realise how few intelligent reasonable people actually post here.

That is one high horse

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cash out. Guilbert on the bench? We all know Steven loves to have a full back four on the bench this season for some unknown reason.

When Gerrard has to decide between Guilbert and Sanson to fill the last bench spot...eight subs it is.

the-witcher-the-lesser-evil.gif

• Haha 3

Such a bizarre situation. I’m not saying he’s a World beater, but he was decent enough for us initially and has been great in France… but just nowhere near the first team.

I think he’s a decent player - quite amazed he doesn’t get ANY chance. Must be an attitude thing? All very strange.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

Such a bizarre situation. I’m not saying he’s a World beater, but he was decent enough for us initially and has been great in France… but just nowhere near the first team.

I think he’s a decent player - quite amazed he doesn’t get ANY chance. Must be an attitude thing? All very strange.

He's not good enough compared to Cash / Young or Chambers for the RB slot. I'm sure he had plenty of offers to leave this summer but didn't want to take a pay cut and that's his choice. 

But of course, everything is Gerrards fault to a sizable majority of VT. All bad things = Gerrard is the cause even Guilbert not being good enough and not wanting to leave and take a pay cut.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Freddie getting closer and closer to being a needed member of our squad... 

He didn't make the bench in the end did he so can't really see it as Cash will be back in next few weeks and Young will be in the 20 every matchday he's fit for.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

He's not good enough compared to Cash / Young or Chambers for the RB slot. I'm sure he had plenty of offers to leave this summer but didn't want to take a pay cut and that's his choice. 

But of course, everything is Gerrards fault to a sizable majority of VT. All bad things = Gerrard is the cause even Guilbert not being good enough and not wanting to leave and take a pay cut.

A lot of guesswork here. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He didn't make the bench in the end did he so can't really see it as Cash will be back in next few weeks and Young will be in the 20 every matchday he's fit for.

Digne is injured, Young will move to the left.... Freddy will start soon

16 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Digne is injured, Young will move to the left.... Freddy will start soon

I’ll be shocked if gerrard even puts him in the matchday squad, esp with him being made to train with the kids pre season and not even getting on the pitch whilst in Australia 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rbcuk said:

I’ll be shocked if gerrard even puts him in the matchday squad, esp with him being made to train with the kids pre season and not even getting on the pitch whilst in Australia 

I did forget about Ludwig so maybe you are right, hopefully the new manager gives him a chance.

Â