Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They bought cancelo for £60m and as part of that deal they sold danilo to juve for £34m, they had bought danilo £40m and pushed £50m walker in to CB because £60m laporte and £50m stones were always injured and £40m otamendi was shite meaning that they had to replace him with £80m dias, which means they can now push laporte to LB cos £55m mendy is garbage

Its amazing how they got it to click... 

As for maguire he's typical woodwood, off the back of a great world cup big English CB who they could market as the league's best CB and a record fee as a sign of how competitive utd still were despite being shit rather than going out and getting the player they actually needed

I was also surprised when Maguire waltzed in and was Captain of Man Ure 

7 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Konsa is a better defender with Mings next to him

This! However the Mings haters will point to one and a half games without Mings where we conceded 1 goal and say this isn’t true. (They won’t mention how many big chances Chelsea missed).

Thought he was the better defender today no question. Bulletproof.

I've noticed he has started to just hoof it instead of acting like Maldini and playing himself into trouble. Good! You are learning Tyrone.

Never seen Konsa making as many mistakes. Disappointing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Thought he was the better defender today no question. Bulletproof.

I've noticed he has started to just hoof it instead of acting like Maldini and playing himself into trouble. Good! You are learning Tyrone.

Never seen Konsa making as many mistakes. Disappointing.

Noticed one incident he smashed it out when he would normally take a touch and try and keep possession. Konsa was not Impressed at all with him.   Tbf we want our defenders to try and retain possession whenever they can but it should always be safety first. Mings is much better now he is always taking this approach.

I actually like to see Konsa and Emi shouting at him for not passing them the ball and clearing it. It means he is doing what he should be doing.

I don't want him pinging balls under pressure back to goalkeepers and across the box. He isn't and will never be a ball playing centre back in the PL.

If that is what the end goal is then we are surely scouting one as we speak.

Brilliant again tonight. Absolute leader. To have picked up clean sheets against Southampton, Brighton, Arsenal is phenomenal considering how much under the cosh they've been. The whole backline have been hung out to dry by the ones in front of them for the past few weeks and still stood strong. It would be good to remember games like this he makes the odd mistake (like every player on earth) instead of automatically labelling as 'shit' and 'not good enough'. There's been a hell of a lot of performances like this since he arrived.

• Like 3

Mings generally has a pretty calm attitude to things. But there are a couple of players that seem to get under his skin.

Zaha is one. Maupay is another.

It was funny watching Mings have to bend down to have a go at Maupay face-to-face 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Mings generally has a pretty calm attitude to things. But there are a couple of players that seem to get under his skin.

Zaha is one. Maupay is another.

It was funny watching Mings have to bend down to have a go at Maupay face-to-face 😂

Bamford too, and rightly so. Disgusting little cheat

Saw this and it really made me laugh.

£30m Michael Keane there. No doubt he's on more money than Mings as well.

For all the stick Mings gets you never ever see something like that from him.

Nearly all his issues come from him on the ball doing impressions of David Luiz. His pure defending is largely very good.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Saw this and it really made me laugh.

£30m Michael Keane there. No doubt he's on more money than Mings as well.

For all the stick Mings gets you never ever see something like that from him.

Nearly all his issues come from him on the ball doing impressions of David Luiz. His pure defending is largely very good.

To be fair the Everton defence had been run ragged all game.  City were just on another level. 

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Think a lot of our fans forget how much Mings has been part of this journey back to top flight relevance. I hope he sticks around for a few more seasons. He's a character.

Yes indeed. Mings is a leader too, one thing hugely apparent watching matches without fans is how much you can hear him during games coordinating things and encouraging others around him.

Mings is more of a traditional Captain in the mold of a John Terry type.

Â