Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Kept it simple again and looked the part again 

The formation plays to his strengths. He doesn’t have to mark a player or be out under pressure on the ball and instead plays a sort of sweeper role whilst organising the defence. 

• Like 2

Just now, samjp26 said:

Haven't got a link, but he just looked pissed off and when Nyland was asked to give him the MOTM award he seemed even more annoyed with a half-hearted "Thanks".

We didn’t lose the game as you stated though! 

I was unsure he was worth £26m if i'm honest , but I think he is a proper man, and a proper leader.

Konsa and Hause will both become better defenders, players and men because of him.

Its good that we have 2 proper captains/leaders on the pitch.

We are not far off a good team, a couple of astute signings, and we should easily survive.

20 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Haven't got a link, but he just looked pissed off and when Nyland was asked to give him the MOTM award he seemed even more annoyed with a half-hearted "Thanks".

It was the stock "too cool for school" response from a pro footballer receiving the MOTM award. 

36 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Despite everybody thinking he did well, the fact we lost means he didn't even want his MOTM award, could tell in his interview how fuming he is. Type of attitude we need.

He was annoyed because the reporter was interviewing Nyland and saying he played well. Then his switch into MoTM award was 

'Well Orjan, you played well today but Tyrone Mings played better [realised how dickish this sounded] ....according to our experts, can you please present him the award'

And Mings was Frustrated Nyland had been put down slightly after that performance, tutted and said 'naahh' and then was a bit cold afterwards

Edited by HalfTimePost

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Great performance, he’s a leader, he should be captain in my opinion. He was like a magnet this evening, headed and kicked everything away

I think I’ve asked you this before on here SGC but tell me how exactly you would approach it with Jack Grealish when you told him you had decided he shouldn’t be captain any more after leading us to promotion?!

Â