Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

59 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Does ‘world class’ mean that a player will play international football, or that they would be in some sort of world first eleven if such a thing existed? If so, then surely only 11 people can be world class at any one time. But if the former, then it really wouldn’t mean that much as you can be an international fairly easily in a small country. Perhaps it means you are one of the best in the world... but without quantifying it and it just being a subjective, qualitative opinion based ‘class’.

I have always took it to mean they could rock up at any club in the world and play. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

@sir_gary_cahill the irony of you hyping up every young player we ever produce and then underplaying the best talent we've produced for decades is amazing 

I love you :) 

That he originally hyped up when he was 14, 10 years ago. You really couldn't make it up :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Does ‘world class’ mean that a player will play international football, or that they would be in some sort of world first eleven if such a thing existed? If so, then surely only 11 people can be world class at any one time. But if the former, then it really wouldn’t mean that much as you can be an international fairly easily in a small country. Perhaps it means you are one of the best in the world... but without quantifying it and it just being a subjective, qualitative opinion based ‘class’.

I think it means they’re in the conversation for a world 11, so in the top 20-50 players in the world. Harry Kane, Raheem Sterling, and Trent Alexander Arnold are the only ones in the current England setup. This is just how I interpret it anyway. It’s a silly term people throw about...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Harry Kane is the best striker in the world, hands down, you don’t? Who do you think is? I think Grealish has the potential to be world class but he’s not quite there yet

i dont even think hes the best striker in the premier league. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Who do you think is?

aguero firmino vardy, Aubameyang  just to name 4 but think there are more in the prem. there quite a lot of forwards that i would rather us sign than kane just think hes not as good as he used to be, think his injures over the years have caught up with him!

4 hours ago, villaluke said:

aguero firmino vardy, Aubameyang  just to name 4 but think there are more in the prem. there quite a lot of forwards that i would rather us sign than kane just think hes not as good as he used to be, think his injures over the years have caught up with him!

In my opinion, Firmino isn’t an out and out centre forward. Personally, I think Kane is the best striker in the world hands down

11 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, Firmino isn’t an out and out centre forward. Personally, I think Kane is the best striker in the world hands down

I wouldn't say hands down. He is certainly in the mix though 

I think the only thing that saved him getting a second yellow was his distance from the ball when it was passed. He didn't move his hand to it, but didn't take it away either. Then to get that touch on the winning goal. Fine bloody margins!

• Like 1

I thought it was one of those where his arm actually responded to the ball and jittered after the contact 

The contact was accidental

That said if the ref gives that as handball then it's a yellow card, I'd be fuming if that was against us 

That also said **** it we've had 2 games this season where players have been subbed because they've escaped a 2nd yellow so it's about time we got that luck 

• Like 2

Â