Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Borderline world class? What gives you this impression?

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I disagree, particularly in the second half

You need go out and do this professionally as a scout Sir G. No good saying this on Villa Talk for years when you are a very enthusiastic & passionate guy about talent identification!! when you can give your information that you feel strongly about to managers/clubs/D.O.F's and help to make a difference for them. UTV

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Think back to when Gerrard  was captain at Liverpool he always said he needed Carra he was the one who layed into people and was the voice at half time its the same with theese two , I see them as co Captains Jack lead by example Mings is more vocal and comanding perfect combo

Good way of putting it

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Think back to when Gerrard  was captain at Liverpool he always said he needed Carra he was the one who layed into people and was the voice at half time its the same with theese two , I see them as co Captains Jack lead by example Mings is more vocal and comanding perfect combo

Or like when Brian O'Driscoll captained the Irish rugby team they had Paul O'Connell being the real leader and there is a similar dynamic here. *I hate rugby for the record and rejoice in Ireland's failures.

He has faults but genuinely don't see a better English centre back at the moment. Minhs has more than Stones and Maguire and think some credit has to go to Terry as think him and Hause has improved since they got here and Konsa looks like going same way

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

That he’s not half as good as some make out? Yes. Massively. He’s probably the best player we’ve had in a good... I don’t know, LOADS of years.

It’s particularly amusing given how much you hype up and have trust in those who deliver nothing, when yet someone is genuinely borderline world class he’s overhyped :D 

It's even weirder because SGC was the first one to call Jack's incredible talent and future a decade ago. 

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Mings is a leader of men, he doesn’t shirk his responsibilities and he leads by example. He’s like an old fashioned centre back in that sense. The captain should always be a centre back I think. It’s almost become like the Jack Grealish show, the media and fans are hyping him up beyond belief, don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a very good player but not half as good as some make out, who would be your captain?

That wasn’t my question - I asked how you would tell Grealish you were taking the captaincy off him? Do you think he would react well?

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

That wasn’t my question - I asked how you would tell Grealish you were taking the captaincy off him? Do you think he would react well?

Not at all, he wouldn’t react well but I think it would make him even better, at times he’s like a petulant child when he has a go at other players or the referee. For me, he is not a great model, the captaincy is a burden to him. Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a fantastic player, 1 of the best I’ve seen in a Villa shirt. I’d pull him over to one side and just say ‘Jack, I don’t think you’re captain material, I believe it is a weighing you down. If we take the captaincy off you and give it to Mings as he is more of a natural leader. It would give Grealish more freedom to go and express himself even more, feel free to disagree :)

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not at all, he wouldn’t react well but I think it would make him even better, at times he’s like a petulant child when he has a go at other players or the referee. For me, he is not a great model, the captaincy is a burden to him. Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a fantastic player, 1 of the best I’ve seen in a Villa shirt. I’d pull him over to one side and just say ‘Jack, I don’t think you’re captain material, I believe it is a weighing you down. If we take the captaincy off you and give it to Mings as he is more of a natural leader. It would give Grealish more freedom to go and express himself even more, feel free to disagree :)

Ok got it! I disagree on Grealish and the effect on his game but see where you are coming from. I also agree that Mings is our de facto captain anyway.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I disagree, particularly in the second half

The only thing maddison is better at than grealish is set pieces. Aside from that grealish is just better at passing, dribbling, shooting and defending. Leicester had over 60% possession because our defense and midfield couldn't keep the ball (which is a common issue for us) so of course maddison looked good because he had the ball more and he has better players around him so when he does do something he isn't the only threat.

Why is grealish world class? Best dribbler in the prem 7 goals (Bs VAR ruled 1 out) 6 assists (Bs Kevin friend ruled one out). Grealish is on track for 12 and 12 and he was on like 2 and 3 after 12 games. 

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

The only thing maddison is better at than grealish is set pieces. Aside from that grealish is just better at passing, dribbling, shooting and defending. Leicester had over 60% possession because our defense and midfield couldn't keep the ball (which is a common issue for us) so of course maddison looked good because he had the ball more and he has better players around him so when he does do something he isn't the only threat.

Why is grealish world class? Best dribbler in the prem 7 goals (Bs VAR ruled 1 out) 6 assists (Bs Kevin friend ruled one out). Grealish is on track for 12 and 12 and he was on like 2 and 3 after 12 games. 

He’s world class based on 21 Premier League games this season? I think we can call him world class when he’s played for England full team 70 times. He hasn’t made it yet, I think fans and press are overhyping him beyond belief. Yes, he is a fantastic footballer and very good looking but he’s done nothing yet. He has the potential to be world class, not yet I think

He went mental at Nyland when he passed it to Guilbert rather than play it short to Hause. I can understand Nyland  reluctance to go short to the centre halves with the way Leicester were pressing.  I thought it was funny how much Mings flipped out though. 

Mings is a our VVD. We can’t defend without him.  If Liverpool lost VVD they wouldn’t win the league just as if we lose Mings we will get relegated. 

Â