Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

33 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Despite everybody thinking he did well, the fact we lost means he didn't even want his MOTM award, could tell in his interview how fuming he is. Type of attitude we need.

That's true. When the interviewer told Nyland that Hinchcliffe thought he was great tonight but Mings was better, Mings accepted it - rather regrettably - and said something like "I doubt that". 

Proper grounded and a really likeable human being. He bossed that game tonight and you could see in the slow motion replay of the Leicester goal that he stretched every sinew to try to block that shot. He's every bit a player that any man would like to have playing alongside of him. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I think I’ve asked you this before on here SGC but tell me how exactly you would approach it with Jack Grealish when you told him you had decided he shouldn’t be captain any more after leading us to promotion?!

Mings is a leader of men, he doesn’t shirk his responsibilities and he leads by example. He’s like an old fashioned centre back in that sense. The captain should always be a centre back I think. It’s almost become like the Jack Grealish show, the media and fans are hyping him up beyond belief, don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a very good player but not half as good as some make out, who would be your captain?

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Mings is a leader of men, he doesn’t shirk his responsibilities and he leads by example. 

I agree 100%. He's the true leader in this squad. But he already does it, and doesn't need an armband.

Why piss off our star player by stripping him of it?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

That's true. When the interviewer told Nyland that Hinchcliffe thought he was great tonight but Mings was better, Mings accepted it - rather regrettably - and said something like "I doubt that". 

Proper grounded and a really likeable human being. He bossed that game tonight and you could see in the slow motion replay of the Leicester goal that he stretched every sinew to try to block that shot. He's every bit a player that any man would like to have playing alongside of him. 

Yep thats the one - he also made a comment along the lines of

Reporter: "Does it hurt that you conceded a goal that could have been prevented if it wasn't for a poor free kick?"

Mings: "Most goals are preventable"

Even though he was clearly annoyed, you can tell he won't just be pinning it on that one mistake that wasn't even his, and even so he probably thinks he could have done better himself. That is exactly what you need in any role, forget the praise and work on how to be even better!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I agree 100%. He's the true leader in this squad. But he already does it, and doesn't need an armband.

Why piss off our star player by stripping him of it?

What leadership qualities does Grealish have? He’s a very good footballer but he’s not captain material in my opinion

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

What leadership qualities does Grealish have? He’s a very good footballer but he’s not captain material in my opinion

Again, I agree. If Grealish does leave, Mings is the natural captain.

I don't think you can change the captain without it seeming like a rebuke, though. It's a public 'demotion', I think it'd be very poor form to change the captain while Jack is with us.

• Like 1

Immense. The only slight negative with Ming's was how he was sometimes to casual in possession, he seems to have eradicated that since his return from injury. 

Tonight when it needed to go into row x it went into row z. 

Superb player and so important to us. 

17 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It’s almost become like the Jack Grealish show, the media and fans are hyping him up beyond belief, don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a very good player but not half as good as some make out

Phenomenal. Only SGC could come up with that :D 

23 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Mings is a leader of men, he doesn’t shirk his responsibilities and he leads by example. He’s like an old fashioned centre back in that sense. The captain should always be a centre back I think. It’s almost become like the Jack Grealish show, the media and fans are hyping him up beyond belief, don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a very good player but not half as good as some make out, who would be your captain?

You was getting excited over Grealish on VT when he was 14 mate! Now you put:- but not half as good as some make out? So what's changed Sir?

Edited by Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You disagree?

That he’s not half as good as some make out? Yes. Massively. He’s probably the best player we’ve had in a good... I don’t know, LOADS of years.

It’s particularly amusing given how much you hype up and have trust in those who deliver nothing, when yet someone is genuinely borderline world class he’s overhyped :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, av1 said:

Immense. The only slight negative with Ming's was how he was sometimes to casual in possession, he seems to have eradicated that since his return from injury. 

Tonight when it needed to go into row x it went into row z. 

Superb player and so important to us. 

You mean he over hit it?

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

You was getting excited over Grealish on VT when he was 14 mate! Now you put:- but not half as good as some make out? So what's changed?

I just think that fans of all clubs and media are overhyping him a lot currently. He is brilliant but he’s not superhuman. I thought Maddison was much better than him this evening 

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

That he’s not half as good as some make out? Yes. Massively. He’s probably the best player we’ve had in a good... I don’t know, LOADS of years.

It’s particularly amusing given how much you hype up and have trust in those who deliver nothing, when yet someone is genuinely borderline world class he’s overhyped :D 

Borderline world class? What gives you this impression?

29 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Think back to when Gerrard  was captain at Liverpool he always said he needed Carra he was the one who layed into people and was the voice at half time its the same with theese two , I see them as co Captains Jack lead by example Mings is more vocal and comanding perfect combo

• Like 1

Â