Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Wish they would stop using the word "stamp" as well. 

Surely that implies intent/malice and quite evident by the replay there was none.

Not a solicitor but they should be careful what they say because throwing words around like that when someone has been proven innocent of wrong doing is slander?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Wish they would stop using the word "stamp" as well. 

Surely that implies intent/malice and quite evident by the replay there was none.

Not a solicitor but they should be careful what they say because throwing words around like that when someone has been proven innocent of wrong doing is slander?

Most are writing it as 'stamp' or alleged stamp so they are covering themselves. 

27 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Hes Villa so I'm not arsed if he meant it or not.

He played well, was commanding and really put his stamp on the game. Got a good feeling about this one.

I think that is a shocking attitude.

Also , he’s not actually “Villa”, he’s “Bournemouth” and he’s on  loan for the rest of the season.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I think that is a shocking attitude.

Also , he’s not actually “Villa”, he’s “Bournemouth” and he’s on  loan for the rest of the season.

But he is villa, at this moment in time. If he accidentally injured someone like that whilst putting in the winner in the playoff final would you be asking for it to be disallowed?

I'm not sure I can give him the benefit of the doubt having seen him do it before, and I don't buy that he couldn't have just avoided it.  We've definitely dodged a bullet if he isn't getting a ban, and for once we are being aided by refereeing incompetence.

Having watched it a few times I think he could have done more to avoid the boot to the face.

Its not like Lukaku the other day catching the guy on the ground behind him.

Mings knows exactly where the guy is and although doesn’t seem to go out of his hit him, doesn’t seem to try very hard to get right out of the way either.

Edited by Genie

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Watching again.

Reading players were even consoling Mings.

The ref and Reading players seem to believe it wasn;t intentional.

Yet our own fans are on here calling for the players head ffs.

Incredible.

Seems to me that the ones calling for his head came in late, and had not seen the accident and ensuing action completely. It seems they'd seen replays and slow-mos and were thinking about the Ibra incident. 

During the match it didn't even cross my mind someone could think it was intentional. There was no reason for it. No motive. 

• Thanks 1

Oliveira's face arrived just a split second before Ming's boot landed at that spot IN REAL TIME!

Why the hell are we trying to blame Mings on the basis of previous history and repeated views of a video. Mings was already hurdling the player and could not have reacted in any other way. It was an accident!

Instead of sitting and judging from a non playing perspective, try taking your mate down the park and replicating the incident in real time and at full match pace (good luck with that by the way). Then give an opinion! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Seems to me that the ones calling for his head came in late, and had not seen the accident and ensuing action completely. It seems they'd seen replays and slow-mos and were thinking about the Ibra incident. 

Seems to me that no one has a clue whether he meant to leave a boot in or not and are building an argument based on what they want to believe. 

Looked like an accident to me when I saw it. I wasn't in any doubt.

Then someone pointed out the Ibra incident to me.

Now when I watch it it doesn't seem so accidental.

I assume I'm being influenced by the fact he's done something similar before.

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If I was playing a contact sport I wouldn't bitch about the consequences. Not as tough as you 'keyblade' 🤣

I must have missed where the "contact" in contact sport meant having your face caved in intentionally (as you seemed to assume) by your opponent. But I guess if I squint hard enough I can overlook such glaring discrepancies so I can flex on the internet.

Edited by Keyblade

Its a shame for Oliveira suffering such a horrific injury, but, ffs what a massive over reaction from the media and the like.

If capital punishment was still around Mings would have been hung, drawn and quartered by now !!!!

I am absolutely behind him and think he played very well, which I hope is just the start of things to come.

It isn't a pop at the player or trying to bring him down by saying that it doesn't look to be an accident though. I simply can't see it as an accident no matter how hard I try or how many times I watch it. That isn't getting on his back, it's just my opinion.

It doesn't matter anyway, he wasn't punished. I think he's lucky but it isn't really conclusive with the camera angle. I saw it as a lapse in judgment but will be glad to see him build on what was otherwise an impressive debut.

The Ibrahimovic incident was totally different. I have no doubt that incident wasn't an accident, if i recall correctly Ibrahimovic elbowed Mings twice during that game and the referee wasn't interested so he foolishly took his own form of revenge. The incident with Oliviera in my opinion was just a bad accident. There was no aggro between the 2 players during the game and Mings reaction afterwards shows to me that he didn't mean it. He didn't point out to the referee that anything has happened with Ibra because he did it on purpose.

Two similar incident but 1 was intentional and 1 accidental.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I must have missed where the "contact" in contact sport meant having your face caved in intentionally (as you seemed to assume) by your opponent. But I guess if I squint hard enough I can overlook such glaring discrepancies so I can flex on the internet.

Where gave I assumed that it was intentional?? Another one who can't read but wants to fight the imaginary good fight.

Â