Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

a lot of twists and sprains come from a persons foot landing in an awkward unnatural position. In the same way that players are coached that you are more likely to be injured by not fully committing to a tackle rather than committing to it. i think, whilst not intentional, a degree of subliminal self preservation dictated where Mings planted his foot in the split second that he had to react in that situation

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's fine if you're basing him being a "proper" defender on his ability.
But certainly at least the insinuation from a few posts was that standing on someone's face makes him "hard" or "proper".

I have no idea if it was intentional. I'm still leaning towards it not being intentional. I certainly hope that's not the case.

But if it WAS intentional, then it doesn't make Mings hard, or a proper defender, or no nonsense or whatever adjective people want to use.
It makes him a word removed.

It makes him a coward. Waiting until someone is helpless on the floor to stamp on their head while nobody's looking and playing it off like you didn't is some punk shit.The people who think it makes him hard are projecting.

This is all assuming he did of course. I personally don't think it was intentional, but the amount of people who don't care either way and even applauding it is just weird if not disturbing.

Edited by Keyblade

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm assuming people were actually talking about his performance.

Maybe the person using that exact phrase.

But there are a few posts in this thread that seem to be celebrating it. As if it makes him some sort of hard man.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Maybe the person using that exact phrase.

But there are a few posts in this thread that seem to be celebrating it. As if it makes him some sort of hard man.

To be fair, I think sometimes we have to be aware of the age factor in here.

We've got some young ones who are still in the high testosterone and low mortality recognition phase. 😂

Wouldn't take them too seriously.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stockport_Villain said:

He was off balance after the initial challenge therefore less in control of where his first two steps were going after that. No way was this intentional.

This was the determining factor for me. The way that Oliveira falls into Mings and knocks him slightly makes it more difficult for him to control his foot placement.

It is very different to the Zlatan incident in my opinion.

• Like 1

No matter how long this is debated he should not be condemned on the footage, we will always have a fine line in situations like this. I personally think it's accidental but I guess only he really knows, he gets a chance from me cos it finally looks like we have a good cb and until otherwise proven he's an ASTON VILLA PLAYER! 

UTV! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The worry is if he is now going to be fearful of being aggressive and last ditch defending out of worry of hurting someone or getting slated/penalised.

This ridiculous uncalled for man-hunt will definitely have a negative effect on him. Sadly for Villa.

• Like 2

I being a Villa Fan want to believe it was unintentional....only he will know that.

However, Its the second time an incident like this has happened to the self same part of the body of an opponent....I think it is unusual to get injured like that by accident, is all I will say.

First time....Accident

Second time...Happenstance

Third time.....Enemy action.

If he is involved in anything like this again, I believe the benefit of the doubt will be removed....irrespective of his claim.

I'd call Eric cantona's running into a fan and karate kid kicking him in the chest a deliberate act. I would say what Mings did was at most the worst possible outcome of a scrappy situation. Maybe other teams will think a little more now we have a guy thats more than capable of dropping a world of hurt on them.

What gets me when other clubs are weighing in on this is they have seen that our defence has been very weak. Now they see mings as a major problem for them so of course they are going to do what ever it takes to take him out of the situation by trying to say what he did was wrong. The fact we are dangerous going forward tells me other clubs are also scared of the fact that if we do sort our defence out that they then have a major problem on there hands.

To me Tyrone is a proper defender, it's about time we got one because our hobbits are lost saving the shire. I'm more concerned that we get back to keeping clean sheets, if our new lads have to do what is needed to get those clean sheets then so be it. Football is football and it can be scrappy, people get injured that is why officials need to officiate properly and limit these types of incidents. As it stands the ref says he apologised straight away and called for medical treatment for the player, which in turn shows that he was sorry. I think everyone is blowing this out of proportion, its something bad that has happened to a player but I don't think Tyrone should be made to feel this kind of guilt. Guarenteed if he was on the receiving end of it and because it's our club that not one of the other club's and anybody outside of our fan base would of said what they have done. If it was another player from Leeds or norwich dishing a stamping on Mings you could probably rest assured there wouldnt be this many protests up in the air. Another way of looking at it is would this even be a thing as much as what it is now, if we were not in the running still for a play off place, it's politics playing here as much as it is anything else.

Edited by Dave-R

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It makes him a coward. Waiting until someone is helpless on the floor to stamp on their head while nobody's looking and playing it off like you didn't is some punk shit.The people who think it makes him hard are projecting.

This is all assuming he did of course. I personally don't think it was intentional, but the amount of people who don't care either way and even applauding it is just weird if not disturbing.

Talking in General as opposed to directly about the incident.

I respect and admire Hard men on a sports field....but true hard man are not thugs....They give no quarter and have a passion to win and secure an advantage.

That is not to be confused with Dangerous play.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I'd call Eric cantona's running into a fan and karate kid kicking him in the chest a deliberate act. I would say what Mings did was at most the worst possible outcome of a scrappy situation. Maybe other teams will think a little more now we have a guy thats more than capable of dropping a world of hurt on them.

What gets me when other clubs are weighing in on this is they have seen that our defence has been very week. Now they see mings as a major problem for them so of course they are going to do what ever it takes to take him out of the situation by trying to say what he did was wrong. The fact were dangerous going forward tells me other clubs are also scared of the fact that if we do sort our defence out that they then have a major problem on there hands.

To me Tyrone is a proper defender, it's about time we got one because our hobbits are lost saving the shire. I'm more concerned that we get back to keeping clean sheets, if our new lads have to do what is needed to get those clean sheets then so be it. Football is football and it can be scrappy, people get injured that is why officials need to officiate properly and limit these types of incidents. As it stands the ref says he apologised straight away and called for medical treatment for the player, which in turn shows that he was sorry. I think everyone is blowing this out of proportion, its something bad that has happened to a player but I don't think Tyrone should be made to feel this kind of guilt. Guarenteed if he was on the receiving end of it and because it's our club that not one of the other club's and anybody outside of our fan base would of said what they have done. If it was another player from Leeds or norwich dishing a stamping on Mings you could probably rest assured there wouldnt be this many protests up in the air. Another way of looking at it is would this even be a thing as much as what it is now, if we were not in the running still for a play off place, it's politics playing here as much as it is anything else.

Dave....I agree with your overall sentiment....but be careful here.

I hope opposition teams are wary of him for his tough uncompromising play within the rules of the game....not of the result Of Oliveri's injuries, that should be very regretful by us all.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Talking in General as opposed to directly about the incident.

I respect and admire Hard men on a sports field....but true hard man are not thugs....They give no quarter and have a passion to win and secure an advantage.

That is not to be confused with Dangerous play.

Agreed.

If you want an example of a takes-no-shit hardman in our team, look no further than John McGinn.

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Only now are people realising that there's some coward crap going on the pitch, how often are players being utter pussies on the pitch for one reason or another, the amount of coward crap going on is unbelievable. The championship has been a place with all sorts going on behind officials backs for far to long and because there's no replay tech (which I think there should be) it makes it even tougher for officials to see all the crap that goes on.

Really what is needed is for us to fully understand this league, many players do who play here and have been for years on end. There is so much ugliness to the championship that people don't realise how desperate teams, players, coaches and managers actually are. The difference is that huge that i think its making clubs at championship level gp to extra lengths to secure victory.

There was a story not so long ago (forgot the club) the manager was telling his players to go out and commit tactical fouls, that's the manager these orders are coming from if it was true.

Your version of a coward is complete different remember as to what other people see cowards at. Most people see cowards as someone who flees from confrontation, avoids it or uses others to sort our trouble for them. If Mings did what he did on purpose, I wouldn't say it was cowardly, he obviously realises he can do damage and if it was on purpose, basically just didn't give a crap, that is one way of looking at it. Another is that it was purely accidental, which in turn your calling someone they are not and considering Tyrone called the medical team and apologised took some guts to admit what he did was wrong. As I said before in another post is that this could of been an issue between two players and what was said between the two could of been something that Mings felt needed sorting. I mean would any of us be that surprised if Tyrone had some abuse hurled at him, I know I wouldn't and depending on what it was could as easily been the trigger that led to this. 

Again there is many ways to look at this but people shouldnt be so quick to judge without first looking at everything but it's happening.

Personally I would like to hear both versions from both players first, then I would like to hear from those players around at the time, then the medical staff who ran on to assist as well as the officials. Certainly alot of people versions to piece together as well as any video evidence of it all, as they say though innocent till proven guilty and the big question is- Did Tyrone Mings .wan to stamp on the player in question deliberately and mean to cause harm with intent to injure. After that then the questions of why did Tyrone call medical staff and apologise.

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Only now are people realising that there's some coward crap going on the pitch, how often are players being utter pussies on the pitch for one reason or another, the amount of coward crap going on is unbelievable. The championship has been a place with all sorts going on behind officials backs for far to long and because there's no replay tech (which I think there should be) it makes it even tougher for officials to see all the crap that goes on.

Really what is needed is for us to fully understand this league, many players do who play here and have been for years on end. There is so much ugliness to the championship that people don't realise how desperate teams, players, coaches and managers actually are. The difference is that huge that i think its making clubs at championship level gp to extra lengths to secure victory.

There was a story not so long ago (forgot the club) the manager was telling his players to go out and commit tactical fouls, that's the manager these orders are coming from if it was true.

Your version of a coward is complete different remember as to what other people see cowards at. Most people see cowards as someone who flees from confrontation, avoids it or uses others to sort our trouble for them. If Mings did what he did on purpose, I wouldn't say it was cowardly, he obviously realises he can do damage and if it was on purpose, basically just didn't give a crap, that is one way of looking at it. Another is that it was purely accidental, which in turn your calling someone they are not and considering Tyrone called the medical team and apologised took some guts to admit what he did was wrong. As I said before in another post is that this could of been an issue between two players and what was said between the two could of been something that Mings felt needed sorting. I mean would any of us be that surprised if Tyrone had some abuse hurled at him, I know I wouldn't and depending on what it was could as easily been the trigger that led to this. 

Again there is many ways to look at this but people shouldnt be so quick to judge without first looking at everything but it's happening.

Personally I would like to hear both versions from both players first, then I would like to hear from those players around at the time, then the medical staff who ran on to assist as well as the officials. Certainly alot of people versions to piece together as well as any video evidence of it all, as they say though innocent till proven guilty and the big question is- Did Tyrone Mings .wan to stamp on the player in question deliberately and mean to cause harm with intent to injure. After that then the questions of why did Tyrone call medical staff and apologise.

Like I said, I personally think it was accidental. If it wasn't, then I maintain that it is a cowardly act. 

Â