Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Intentional or not...that's me saying it was either, not me saying intentional. He is hard, 6ft 4 and powerful. But let's get rid, get Micah in instead, at least he will treat everyone nicely.

Being physically strong and committed is absolutely what Villa want. But, I wouldn't want anyone that goes out and intentionally badly hurts someone just for the sake of us winning a game. 

Edited by villarocker

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Screw benefit of the doubt, in support of giving out a beating to wonabe G's on the pitch.

I'm fed up of saying that we have the most fouled player in the league and no one did anything, yet one of ours turns bully and everyone's flapping there arms over it.

If you ask me we need more players willing to commit tactical fouls and put a stop to the fact other clubs are seeing us as a pushover.

I bet squads are no longer going to try piss mings off or get in his way, you could say hes stamped his authority in the championship 🤣

As a teacher, I mark a lot of work I find hard to understand. "Wonabe G's" is a whole new ball park though. Please, embellish... 

40 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

As a teacher, I mark a lot of work I find hard to understand. "Wonabe G's" is a whole new ball park though. Please, embellish... 

As soon as you said you were a teacher I saw this last line in red pen circled 

• Like 1

I've watched this back a few times and I'm convinced he did it deliberately. With the placement of his other foot, how he was stumbling and his leg span, you would expect his trailing leg to land further in front. It certainly looks like there is deliberate movement to go towards oliviera, rather than away from him. 

10 hours ago, bobzy said:

Ibra threw Mings to the floor, elbowed him in the head and then attempted to stamp on him before Mings (wrongly) kicked his head. 

The way Ibra gets portrayed in that incident is ridiculous. 

Also, you must assume Mings is a psychopath if he treats being assaulted in the same way as having someone fall underneath him with no provocation - and should just be banned from football full stop.

eh? I don't assume any of that.

9 hours ago, Dave-R said:

If the players who stamped on poor Jack every game csn get away with it then surely a mings can.

The face was brutal, will no doubt be left with scars, I didn't see it happen and I don't know how it happened or what the atmosphere was like. There's so much to look at especially both players, I have a feeling if mings did do it on purpose then the guy who came off bad  was no doubt winding him up but who knows.

That's what I'd like to know, was Tyrone trying to hurt him out of anger or intentionally trying to get back at him. Players do anything to wind each other up and there as bad at times as what fans are with brutal insults. Players and fans will go as far as racism, not saying thats what was used but everything has to be looked at..

I don’t know mate. A stamp on the leg isn’t the same as a stamp to somebody’s face. He could have lost an eye. Definitely scared him for life. 

Somebody posted earlier that Bournemouth fans said he had a screw loose so he probably has got this nasty side to him. 

We need to move on from it now then but as soon as he does the slightest bit of foul play like a raised arm from a header or something he will be scrutinised. The FA will be watching him closely. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t know mate. A stamp on the leg isn’t the same as a stamp to somebody’s face. He could have lost an eye. Definitely scared him for life. 

Somebody posted earlier that Bournemouth fans said he had a screw loose so he probably has got this nasty side to him. 

We need to move on from it now then but as soon as he does the slightest bit of foul play like a raised arm from a header or something he will be scrutinised. The FA will be watching him closely. 

A stamp on the leg than be equally damaging as a "stamp", like the one that happened the other day. 

I don't believe he did it on purpose and brutal violence isn't needed on the football pitch.

Mings is someone who Villa needs now, we have no other centre back like him. The nasty streak in him could strike fear into forwards playing against us. Were always so nice and even let simple balls in between the CB's to run right through us. I think Villa is a team other players like to play against, thats why we concede so many worldies and players who havent scored a goal in 12 seasons  seem to get it against us. Or young lads playing there first game have the horrible knack of kick starting their career with a nice goal against us.

Mings in the side will help to stop a portion of this, he is only one man but he could "stamp" his authority on the game, no pun intended, like no player since Mellberg.   

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

I don't believe he did it on purpose and brutal violence isn't needed on the football pitch.

Mings is someone who Villa needs now, we have no other centre back like him. The nasty streak in him could strike fear into forwards playing against us. Were always so nice and even let simple balls in between the CB's to run right through us. I think Villa is a team other players like to play against, thats why we concede so many worldies and players who havent scored a goal in 12 seasons  seem to get it against us. Or young lads playing there first game have the horrible knack of kick starting their career with a nice goal against us.

Mings in the side will help to stop a portion of this, he is only one man but he could "stamp" his authority on the game, no pun intended, like no player since Mellberg.   

The worry is if he is now going to be fearful of being aggressive and last ditch defending out of worry of hurting someone or getting slated/penalised.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The worry is if he is now going to be fearful of being aggressive and last ditch defending out of worry of hurting someone or getting slated/penalised.

He will be fine, hes a proper defender. This is part and parcel of his game(again not saying he will be standing on other players head each week), we just need to accept him as a proper old fashioned defender! 

For the first time since JT and Chester as a partnership, I feel unworried by our defense and especially the final 10 minutes of us gifting goals away. The next game will prove this as Reading can hardly be used as a yard stick.

• Like 2

If it doubt, stamp it out 😅

Love it. Proper defender in our team now. 

The stamp IMO was not deliberate - he's a big guy and the striker fell right under him as Mings won the ball. Some comments in here are absolutely laughable. 

Anyway - hopefully he's as big/important for us as Van Dijk is for Liverpool. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

le tissier has waded in with a very interesting point...if that was his son, he would have found a way to avoid him

Let it go now. 

It wasn't his son though, was it? Its another professional playing against another professional, Mings not wanting look a **** on his debut by falling over and Villa conceding a goal. All of the fans at Villa Park would then have been saying he could of stayed on his feet. The alternative was he could of fell over and been crucified as another defender Villa have signed with no legs, past it, poor defender and mights as well call Laursen out of retirement. Mings needs his own fans to back him. Let the ex pro's, fans of other teams and ex ref's discredit him, thats enough!

This is a flip of a coin argument and both sides are heads. He isn't going to win.   

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

le tissier has waded in with a very interesting point...if that was his son, he would have found a way to avoid him

If it were your son you would have naturally risked a broken neck, ridiculous correlation!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

Le Tiss probably would benefited from having his mug trodden on, intentionally or not.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Bit weird people saying stamping on someone's face makes him a "proper defender"

I feel alot of what people are saying you may be slightly taking it out of context. I for one have called him a proper defender, but not for stamping on players head.

He also has pace, strength and would be a pain in the ass to win a header against. Would you worry with a simple ball down the middle now splitting our defence open?

Â