Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t care about Mings anymore. Im just desperate to see us sign a couple of centre halves. Mings or no Mings. 

I totally agree. Loved Mings last year, was great to watch a real leader. But the fact is he’s played 80 games in 8 years that’s not good enough for me he obviously struggles with injuries maybe to the way he plays, I would sign him if the price was right but if we go in for someone else I won’t mind I just want a decent centre half and il be happy, Mings or no Mings.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t care about Mings anymore. Im just desperate to see us sign a couple of centre halves. Mings or no Mings. 

This 100%.

We love him. He was a collossus for us last year and in an ideal world he'd have been our first signing but if Bournmouth are going to play silly games we shoould look elsewhere. We have poentially another 2-3 CB slots to fill.

• Confused 1

I think if we got Cahill on a free and one other young CB with potential for about 15m that would do us, have 2 with experience with Cahill and Chester and 2 young CB’s to learn from them in Hause and +1 should be ok with that and if needed bring one more in January. Maybe Mings in January when he hasn’t played for Bournemouth and his forgotten about and his price is cheaper.

• Confused 1

IMO they are asking big money for him. Mings was practically unheard off until we gave him the chance, our training and style of play developed him in to a great Villa player. We are not going to pay them for the improvement we made. As said above, I would love to see him back in a Villa shirt and what a welcome he would have, but he is not the only CD out there and I am sure Deano and his scouts have eyes on similar players.

How much are we prepared to pay ? 

7 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Signing Tyrone Mings is incredibly important to us.

His huge presence is felt on the pitch, in the dressing room and in the stands.

He is already becoming a talismanic figure for us.

I agree. I just think it would give everyone such a massive boost going into the season too.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

that's the problem for me. The longer this goes on the more Villa fans think he is flawless and a must sign player. If he has a bad few games, gets sent off, injured etc... what will happen?

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

that's the problem for me. The longer this goes on the more Villa fans think he is flawless and a must sign player. If he has a bad few games, gets sent off, injured etc... what will happen?

Everyone will realise he's human?

9 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Come on? Really? Yes he was good for a few games for us but he’s 26 and he’s played 89 professional matches. Think with your head not with your heart.

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

Players have off days, they get injured, they pick up cards, that's the nature of the game. Nobody's flawless.

Mings has plenty of ability but beyond that he is developing a persona that makes him a personality.

Grealish has this persona in spades, and McGinn is fast developing his own elevated status.

Bournemouth know we are desperate to sign a centre back, they're holding onto a player they don't really want (I think). I wouldn't be surprised that if we buy another CB, and I'm assuming we're after two, Bournemouth might be a little more flexible or decisive. At the moment they know we are desperate for 2 CBs so they are pushing the limit of what we are willing to offer, I guess.

I trust that DS and his posse are working with several contingency plans in place, allowing different outcomes. 

I loved watching TM play for us last season, I think he would be a fantastic signing and I will be sad if we don't sign him. 

But.....

He isn't essential, I'm sure the will be a cut off point where we give up and look elsewhere on a player that we have already scouted and done due diligence on.

I'll just repeat what I said a few weeks ago. We need this signing, even if it costs 20+ million.

Starting the season with only 3 or 4 of the players from last season would be absolute suicide and almost certainly mean we go straight back down.

Mings is paid approx £15,000 per week. He's not going to sign a new contract at Bournemouth to get a pay rise, so if he stays with them he'll still be viewed as a lower paid bench warmer when the other CB's are fit. Sitting in the dug out at an uninspiring Dean Court in front of a maximum of 10,000+ fans isn't what he wants at this stage of his career.

Contrast that with the experience he's just enjoyed at Villa .... the pulsating excitement of playing at Villa Park in front of a sell out 40,000+ crowd .... first choice player with a manager who clearly values him and fans that love him.

I would be amazed if he doesn't make it plain to Howe behind the scenes that there is only one way this transfer saga is going to end.

Just remember who we beat to sign Mings . The Tesco bags and forest and who else has been linked with him this summer ? .....

If he wants to be here so badly he will forgo whatever is owed to him from Bournemouth and out in transfer request .... As a few posters have said above happy to get him back at the right price but if we don’t we move on then so be it and will always remember what he did for us in those 5 months fondly and be great full  for his contribution in getting us up. 

56 minutes ago, sne said:

Think it's also partly down to them possibly losing Ake.

That would be 2 CB's gone, Mings could still do a job for then if Ake goes.

i think he'll stay put if they lose ake honestly. rumour is that his mrs doesnt want to move, plus he has this academy down here

Â