Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Tyrone has been prepared to speak matter of factly about the supporters dynamic with the team since he’s been here. Again, his tweet following the defeat to baggies about everyone needing to stick together - he’d been at the club for a matter of weeks on loan, it wouldn’t have been “on him” as such to do that.

He’s basically just saying “yep with the bigger stage, comes the bigger expectation, the players know that”. It’s fine.

• Like 1

I don't see that as a bad comment at all. It's Tyrone acknowledging that the standards at this club keep going up and that the club have a responsibility to the supporters. 

I can't wait to see him play Champions League football. He and McGinn who joined at our lowest point and have risen with us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

"You guys are an expectant bunch as well, so we have to deal with that as well"

Interesting comments from Tyrone. Almost certain he dislikes a lot of our fanbase, fair enough tbh. There needs to more "unconditional" support for the team next year.

He's been at the club when things haven't been so great so is making the point that it may not be this great next season with the expectations being set by supporters. Saying that Tyrone, if you think our expectations are high, your manager won't except a drop off next season.

Just a little banter with the fans.  He goes on to praise the fans and the players for an amazing season. Even made sure to include Buendia on the stage so he could say his piece. Usually awards show speeches are pretty dry and formulaic but Mings felt, as he always does, quite genuine. 

3 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

"You guys are an expectant bunch as well, so we have to deal with that as well"

Interesting comments from Tyrone. Almost certain he dislikes a lot of our fanbase, fair enough tbh. There needs to more "unconditional" support for the team next year.

He probably didnt mean that but would be fair if he disliked some of our fans for how they treated him at times

Yeah I saw the video and I smiled when he said that; why because he's right.

Most fans are expectant, nothing wrong with what he says. But also it can be a back-handed compliment too. It depends on how you want to take it really.

On 15/05/2024 at 10:33, Mark Albrighton said:

Tyrone has been prepared to speak matter of factly about the supporters dynamic with the team since he’s been here. Again, his tweet following the defeat to baggies about everyone needing to stick together - he’d been at the club for a matter of weeks on loan, it wouldn’t have been “on him” as such to do that.

He’s basically just saying “yep with the bigger stage, comes the bigger expectation, the players know that”. It’s fine.

Basically, he’s saying with great power comes great responsibility

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope he is fit wnough for pre season

I think buendia will be but mings not so sure

He will, Unai already said so and now Ty has given us an update.

There was no point rushing them back and now they get a full (hopefully uninterrupted) preseason in and time to get back in the groove.

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

He will, Unai already said so and now Ty has given us an update.

There was no point rushing them back and now they get a full (hopefully uninterrupted) preseason in and time to get back in the groove.

What did unai say i missed that?

Â