Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

17 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Hilarious that everyone has piled in here when if you take one look at the replay Konsa let's Martial just stroll in front of him for a free header. 

Should Mings have not taken that extra step and been out of position for the clearance...Yes.

Should Konsa have not allowed Martial to get goal side without even a bump or a shout...Yes.  

Usually that is how goals get conceded. Mutliple defenders making mistakes. That's even before you look at how our midfield was so easily bypassed. Not to be rude but I feel like this level of blame on such a soft error is clear bias. 

no one has piled in, most people just state facts, in this case he came back and made an error that most believe directly cost us a goal today. But as soon as anyone criticises him as many people 'pile in' defending him. Be nice if there was a bit of balance but he's not being scape goated, this is a discussion forum all players get discussed if they have a negative or positive impact on a game.

not a fan of the brum mail but they hit the nail on the head below.

TYRONE MINGS - 5

Straight back into the side after serving his one-match ban and started well as he blocked and cleared United's attacks forward. Mings, though, was at fault for Martial's opener after failing to clear at the near post which allowed the Frenchman to score. Mings appeared to get his feet in a muddle which stopped him from getting any contact on the ball. Mings was fortunate to get in ahead of the recently-impressive Hause for this one. His mistake was costly. The England man rallied the troops until the end, though, as he always does. Missed a decent chance from Cash's late free-kick.

Edited by VillanousOne

I dont think the goal was as bad an error as is being made out, he ran too far back and then couldn't re-adjust to the cutback cross. It happens. Martial just happened to be in the one spot where mings and konsa couldnt affect him. 

P.S. Martial is a lazy bag of shite. Over rated, over paid rubbish that should have been binned off from united years ago. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I dont think the goal was as bad an error as is being made out, he ran too far back and then couldn't re-adjust to the cutback cross. It happens. Martial just happened to be in the one spot where mings and konsa couldnt affect him. 

P.S. Martial is a lazy bag of shite. Over rated, over paid rubbish that should have been binned off from united years ago. 

I’d argue that the goal is more of a Konsa error than a Mings one. Martial has run off Konsa completely and left him free in the box. If Mings was stood further from the goal there’s no reason why the cross couldn’t have been played in behind him to Martial. For me Konsa is in control of that situation and just lets Martial drift off him.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Hilarious that everyone has piled in here when if you take one look at the replay Konsa let's Martial just stroll in front of him for a free header. 

Should Mings have not taken that extra step and been out of position for the clearance...Yes.

Should Konsa have not allowed Martial to get goal side without even a bump or a shout...Yes.  

Usually that is how goals get conceded. Mutliple defenders making mistakes. That's even before you look at how our midfield was so easily bypassed. Not to be rude but I feel like this level of blame on such a soft error is clear bias. 

But there is a pattern ,where we concede so many headed goals. I.e Chelsea

do we not like heading the ball?

41 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

no one has piled in, most people just state facts, in this case he came back and made an error that most believe directly cost us a goal today. But as soon as anyone criticises him as many people 'pile in' defending him. Be nice if there was a bit of balance but he's not being scape goated, this is a discussion forum all players get discussed if they have a negative or positive impact on a game.

not a fan of the brum mail but they hit the nail on the head below.

TYRONE MINGS - 5

Straight back into the side after serving his one-match ban and started well as he blocked and cleared United's attacks forward. Mings, though, was at fault for Martial's opener after failing to clear at the near post which allowed the Frenchman to score. Mings appeared to get his feet in a muddle which stopped him from getting any contact on the ball. Mings was fortunate to get in ahead of the recently-impressive Hause for this one. His mistake was costly. The England man rallied the troops until the end, though, as he always does. Missed a decent chance from Cash's late free-kick.

A player rating is literally an opinion no different than yours or mine. Clean sheet or goal conceded the pile on is the same here. My point remains their were numerous faults for that goal. To solely attribute that blame to Mings is as bad as that penalty decision for the 2nd ManU goal 

I don't think pointing out a player's faults is an agenda.

The thing with Mings is that I genuinely think he has the ability to play for England. Whereas Targett does not have the ability to play for England imo.

But contrast the two. Targett doesn't do reckless things and plays within his limitations, and has clearly improved positionally which for me is a sign that our coaching is working, and he listens to it. Last year he was our weak link.

Mings was undoubtedly our best defender from when he signed until resumption. No question. He knows that though and for me he plays like he knows it (or at least knew it).

He is petulant and easily wound-up (Zaha, Zlatan) and doesn't learn from it, leading him to do reckless things like stamping on people (for me he went for Zaha) and elbowing players (what was he doing today?!). He overplays at the back, takes countless too many touches and at times acts as if he is going to be the creator and he won't release the ball til he's pinged a 70 yard diag to the runner who inevitably rarely connects with it.

He needs to be told to give it to the better players to build attacks. Or simply work it out for himself. If he did his job, which is defend and move the ball quickly (which he is perfectly capable of doing), he is as good if not better than Konsa. But for a while he has thought he is better than he is, which is why dropping Hause was the wrong thing on many levels.

He also has a 50p head lol, ball just seems to fly in all directions when he heads it. Though that is not something which I am being critical of!

Edited by gilbertoAVFC

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

We allow teams to operate on the flanks. That's the cost of pushing our fullbacks so high up the pitch when we are on the attack. For me, you take the good with the bad. Our defensive strategy works more than not. No complaints there. 

Our problem is the inability to score our chances. We do that and at worst we draw, more than likely we win. 

• Like 2

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

We allow teams to operate on the flanks. That's the cost of pushing our fullbacks so high up the pitch when we are on the attack. For me, you take the good with the bad. Our defensive strategy works more than not. No complaints there. 

Our problem is the inability to score our chances. We do that and at worst we draw, more than likely we win. 

We miss too many easy chances. I'm pretty sure that xg thing works out easy chances etc and we're near the top of that league.

In fact pretty sure Mings had a very good chance today.

17 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Yes we miss far too many chances. If we converted some, Jack's assists would rocket. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TRO said:

Poor effort from both CBs on that goal but we have the third best defence in the Premier League. The pattern is we don’t concede many goals at all. 

25 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

A player rating is literally an opinion no different than yours or mine. Clean sheet or goal conceded the pile on is the same here. My point remains their were numerous faults for that goal. To solely attribute that blame to Mings is as bad as that penalty decision for the 2nd ManU goal 

Yep but most opinions if you read online blame Ming's for that goal.

Doesn't mean it's a personal insult or that he's not a good player, expectations are high of him as he has been our talisman and could easily captain the side and I'm sure he would if Grealish ever was unavailable.

Even good players make mistakes. Luiz clearly got too close to Pogba and it was all too easy for him to fall over.

Konsa probably doesn't get as much criticism as he's still relatively young and finding his feet in that partnership. But he has made errors just Ming's for some reason this season have been more unfortunate and costly.

I wouldnt drop him either but I am still frustrated with him.

Edited by VillanousOne

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Pretty much, its Mings so its a 1000 times worse than other mistakes. I have said it before the Mings criticism has escalated since he started standing up for racism

Fair criticism is fine but he was criticized on here a few weeks back for costing us a game when losing the ball 85 yards from goal and Burnley didnt even score

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

We miss too many easy chances. I'm pretty sure that xg thing works out easy chances etc and we're near the top of that league.

In fact pretty sure Mings had a very good chance today.

Had that chance gone in, it would have been reviewed by VAR and probably ruled out as Mings appeared to be fouling their player in the process of getting his head to the ball.

• Like 1

Â