Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

There are also people who jump into this thread immediately when he has a good game to praise him and take shots at the people who criticize him. Lets not act like both sides don't do it. This is roughly true of every thread on a player in here.

People have nailed their colours to the mast on their opinions on certain players and will take the very first opportunity to rub it in when evidence is presented that supports their opinion. Its just one side will praise the player, the other will criticize him. Neither has the moral highground

He plays for your team and was a key part in promotion and survival and is clearly playing his part this season as well. 

Of course people want to praise him, especially when the other side is becoming more vocal.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

It’s absolutely comparable, the only difference is only one side of the divided opinion is throwing this stuff out to delegitimise the others views.

I would say the main difference between certain people throwing out insults and people "never critical of him" as you say is that the former is thoroughly negative and unhelpful as opposed to any valid criticism or discussion that me, yourself or most others presumably want to have. All I'm saying is that this sort of stuff definitely exists and to point it out isn't to delegitimise anyone who isn't guilty of it. 

Just now, Indigo said:

I would say the main difference between certain people throwing out insults and people "never critical of him" as you say is that the former is thoroughly negative and unhelpful as opposed to any valid criticism or discussion that me, yourself or most others presumably want to have. All I'm saying is that this sort of stuff definitely exists and to point it out isn't to delegitimise anyone who isn't guilty of it. 

Yes it exists but so does the opposite as I’ve already said but only side is used to delegitimise the other and it happens regularly.

Just now, wilko154 said:

Don't get the agenda against Mings at the moment. That's more a Twitter based agenda than a VT one, but even some of the posts on here I find bizzare.

8 clean sheets this season, a leader at the back for the past 3 seasons and probably our best ball playing defender. He was always going to come back into the side today.

Take absolutely nothing away from Hause who has stepped in and been superb; but some are acting as though he's the new Maldini.

Ming's was good tonight, he wasn't great in the first half but then the whole team struggled with United. Let's not start scapegoating players again.

It’s not an agenda against him. I give up, I’m done.

37 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It seems to be, especially on social media. 

And that's your downfall. (Or anyone who places any importance on anonymous Twitter comments)

37 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

I thought he looked ok apart from the goal. I thought we looked quite secure with Konsa and Mings. I like Hause, and i dont think there is a bad combination between the 3 CHs

I agree. But he sure has a howler in him. I worry about it costing us again, and what it might do to his confidence. John Terry needs to get his hooks into Tyrone in training.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

He plays for your team and was a key part in promotion and survival and is clearly playing his part this season as well. 

Of course people want to praise him, especially when the other side is becoming more vocal.

You're missing the point. The point is, that people have agendas either way and if anything, the fact that Mings has been such a pivotal player in our recent history is why fans are more likely to flock to his defense and be blind to his flaws.But having such a view isn't any better than overly-criticizing the man either. So its kind of hypocritical to take the moral highground

The Mings supporters are always in here full force whenever he's had a good game praising him and taking shots at the people who criticize him and no one seems to care. Yet its not okay for the anti-Mings crowd to come in here when he's had in their opinion a bad game without being accused of having an agenda? And to be clear, this is roughly true of every player thread here. Near everyone has an agenda.

• Like 1

The reason I call it an agenda...

Every week we have to have a scapegoat of a player at our club.

At the start of the season it was Anwar El Ghazi.

For a while it was Matt Targett.

After that it became Bertrand Traore.

Tyrone Mings got sent off and suddenly he's public enemy number one.

See the first three players... arguably our 3 best players in recent games.

For the goal he should have cleared it away. His biggest issue for me is sometimes his feet get caught and he can't sort them out quick enough. It's as though he gets caught in two minds.

He should have scored though with that chance.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yes it exists but so does the opposite as I’ve already said but only side is used to delegitimise the other and it happens regularly.

I think by getting into "sides" you're unfairly grouping in people such as yourself who have valid views with people who use "moron" and "donkey" as the extent of their input, which is an agenda amongst a minority and are then getting defensive as if it applies to you or people are insinuating as such.

I love Mings but he was guilty of key errors in his last two appearances, despite this though there's a borderline weird agenda against him in some quarters. This can all be true and pointing that out isn't delegitimising anyone because if the extent of your opinion is unjust insults then I'm sure we can all agree it's not legitimate anyway. That's the only stuff I'm talking about as you had more or less denied it existed in the first place.

I think personally he isn't good enough long term for where we want to be. I think hes clumsy on a regular basis. Is slow at times on the ball to the point that the only option is to lump it. And I also think that he's slow recovering when transitioning I to a defensive mode from attack. Does this mean I'm anti Mings or have an agenda, not at all. I just think better CBs are out there. I thought he was okay today but culpable for the first goal. 

5 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I don't think there is a scapegoat as such tonight. We were undone be a stupid refereeing decision 

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I don't think there is a scapegoat as such tonight. We were undone be a stupid refereeing decision 

Absolutely.

The comment's I mentioned regarding Mings mainly came before the game and after the goal; mainly talking Twitter comments here.

Really proud of the team tonight, turned it round second half and didn't deserve to lose the game. The fact it came from a penalty that shouldn't have been a penalty makes it even more sickening.

Let's face it the first goal was his mistake, a soft header that led to utd bloody scoring, I am not impressed the past two games with Mings.

Edited by Dave-R

14 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I think it's a decidedly small minority of posters on here that are unfair in their player criticism. Most of us seem to point out perceived flaws in individual performances without venom or personal attacks. No idea what goes on on Twitter and I don't want to know. If I were Christian Purslow, I'd tell my players they can post once on gamedays, and after that, shut your damn phone off.

Â