Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Mate there are certain posters here who over the course of the season have rushed to this thread within a minute of Mings making an error to call him a "donkey", "muppet", "moron" and presumably other insults beyond mere tactical analysis that I'm not remembering off the top of my head. Just because the majority here are capable of constructive and respectful conversation doesn't mean others aren't and that it doesn’t warrant being acknowledged as poor form.

I’m sure there are, just as I’m sure there are posters who are never ever critical of him. 

2 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I don't really see how that goals all his fault. Tries to header it away and it unfortunately goes straight of martial, other than that he did nothing wrong. I still think konsa is the better of the two 

Because his positioning is totally wrong

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It’s embarrassing to comment on a players errors or perceived errors?

No but it is embarrassing to say things like Hause would never make that mistake. We should have stuck with Hause. Nonsense. Mings is a great player who is central to our turnaround as a club. Let’s get behind him not have a go.

• Like 2

Luiz cost us the game, not Mings.

Our defense is all Mings, and silent partner Konsa strolls around trying to stay as far away from the heat as possible, making a couple tackles and passing the ball to Mings. Hause is nowhere near Mings' level, not in a million years.

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

No but it is embarrassing to say things like Hause would never make that mistake. We should have stuck with Hause. Nonsense. Mings is a great player who is central to our turnaround as a club. Let’s get behind him not have a go.

That’s not embarrassing, rightly or wrongly it’s people’s opinion and is no less valid than your own. 
Yes he was central to our turnaround but it doesn’t mean he should be above criticism as some seem to think.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

That’s not embarrassing, rightly or wrongly it’s people’s opinion and is no less valid than your own. 
Yes he was central to our turnaround but it doesn’t mean he should be above criticism as some seem to think.

Ok mate. I disagree. You’re entitled to your opinion as am I. I find it embarrassing and lacking in class. 

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’m sure there are, just as I’m sure there are posters who are never ever critical of him. 

Sure, that doesn't discount what you seemed to be disagreeing with though and isn't really comparable anyway. Acknowledging that a trend of ad hominem posts as being a bit out of order isn't misrepresenting the opinions of anyone.

Just now, Indigo said:

Sure, that doesn't discount what you seemed to be disagreeing with though and isn't really comparable anyway. Acknowledging that a trend of ad hominem posts as being a bit out of order isn't misrepresenting the opinions of anyone.

It’s absolutely comparable, the only difference is only one side of the divided opinion is throwing this stuff out to delegitimise the others views.

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think there seems to be that attitude towards him from select people on here and other forms. 

He deserved criticism against palace but people jump on him constantly. 

There are also people who jump into this thread immediately when he has a good game to praise him and take shots at the people who criticize him. Lets not act like both sides don't do it. This is roughly true of every thread on a player in here.

People have nailed their colours to the mast on their opinions on certain players and will take the very first opportunity to rub it in when evidence is presented that supports their opinion. Its just one side will praise the player, the other will criticize him. Neither has the moral highground

Â