Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

41 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Every time Villa post something on social media its just constant "announce Mings" replies from fans. It's pathetic.

Also it's incredibly disrespectful to the likes of Hause, El Ghazi, Steer when even their announcements are filled with "Announce Mings" comments.

Maybe they should just announce Mings in that case.

:trollface:

• Haha 2

Im fully behind the club here.  If this is a battle of wills over price im quite glad the club has taken a stance.

There is no way Mings will play for them again, everyone knows this.

Also no one will bid high for a player with his injury record, especially as he had to come off injured his last game, the highest profile game of the season.

This has to be taken into consideration with his price.

However the fans constantly demanding him are playing right into Bournemouth's hands. The club will do whats best for the club.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rodders said:

it's depressingly embarrassing. It'd be so tempting to jack it in, and go 'nah', there's a club filled with absolutely mental obsessive headcase fans. I'll take a pass there

What is it about football and supporters you don't understand? I ask because name a club where there are no obsessive fans? What a silly thing to say imo. 

I mean peeps need to chill the **** out!! Every club has their fair share of nauseating fans. It goes with the territory and I am sure most top pros expect a little nonsense from these obsessive sorts. Especially on Social Media. 

Certain actions maybe a little silly but I would guess that as a example Mings for the first time since joining Bournemouth actually finds some of the attention great for his ego and confidence. For it to stop would mean he has become insignificant.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

What is it about football and supporters you don't understand? I ask because name a club where there are no obsessive fans? What a silly thing to say imo. 

I mean peeps need to chill the **** out!! Every club has their fair share of nauseating fans. It goes with the territory and I am sure most top pros expect a little nonsense from these obsessive sorts. Especially on Social Media. 

Certain actions maybe a little silly but I would guess that as a example Mings for the first time since joining Bournemouth actually finds some of the attention great for his ego and confidence. For it to stop would mean he has become insignificant.

Just because things are a certain way, doesn't mean the assumption that it may be the only way is a safe one.

Obsessing over other peoples business as a pastime, doesn't paint a picture of livelihood that I would imagine for my fellow supporters.

I think kudos to those who can remain dignified and occupy their downtime in a manner without harassing an athlete about their future and private life.

Mings may get an ego boost from this, but who and what does that serve? If he's going to indulge his ego, I'd want and hope it to be from his football and his conduct.

2 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Some of the Villa fans on Twitter need to engage their brains for a moment before typing on a keypad.  Getting angry about guess work is a mugs game.

This! Refreshing to read on so many levels.

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

Just because things are a certain way, doesn't mean the assumption that it may be the only way is a safe one.

Obsessing over other peoples business as a pastime, doesn't paint a picture of livelihood that I would imagine for my fellow supporters.

I think kudos to those who can remain dignified and occupy their downtime in a manner without harassing an athlete about their future and private life.

Mings may get an ego boost from this, but who and what does that serve? If he's going to indulge his ego, I'd want and hope it to be from his football and his conduct.

This! Refreshing to read on so many levels.

Your missing the point. Your looking at things from a logical perspective which a large proportion of fans don't. They're blinkered and then bored when not obsessing. You honestly think bored teenagers are going to give a rats ass what you or any other so called dignified fan think of their conduct?! Come on mate!

The point is...Kids and inbreds don't count as they more often than not, don't think logically. Footballers can also fall into this category too and as we see time and time again encourage via the social media platforms people respond to them on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Your missing the point. Your looking at things from a logical perspective which a large proportion of fans don't. They're blinkered and then bored when not obsessing. You honestly think bored teenagers are going to give a rats ass what you or any other so called dignified fan think of their conduct?! Come on mate!

The point is...Kids and inbreds don't count as they more often than not, don't think logically. Footballers can also fall into this category too and as we see time and time again encourage via the social media platforms people respond to them on.

Good post, and made me crack a smile too.

Part of my point is that the dog will go and do a doo-doo on the kitchen floor if it's not guided and taught that the backyard is the place for that.

Furthermore, if we just let the doo-doo decompose wherever the dog has left it, it will soon stink up the place and create a minefield of headaches.

So, as right as you may be, supporters who try to dissuade the 'teenagers and inbreds' from stinking up the place have their heart in the right place.

Moving back on to Mings the footballer. My concern with him is that his injury problems are due to the way he tackles.

There isn't that much footage of him defending, but I've found two examples of him using his left foot to hook the ball from a player running to his left side, when most players would use their outside (right) foot to hook around.

Play-off Final

This is one you'll all be familiar with, and not the best photo. It was a superb tackle, but you'd expect most players to swing their right foot around here for a more natural slide tackle which keeps your body in a better position.

1594926722_Mingstackleplayoff.thumb.jpg.006d132e6b3e2d24a26a8ed85430382f.jpg

Non-league game

This is from a clip he posted on his own Twitter of his rise up the divisions. Again, great tackle, but his body's in a weird position and he's exposing himself to injury.

250325314_MingstackleNon-league.thumb.jpg.19b4d1660bd35dac99580203bec7f620.jpg

Could this be why he picks up lots of weird injuries? Is it something that can be fixed at this stage in your career or do you just have to go with your natural game?

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Moving back on to Mings the footballer. My concern with him is that his injury problems are due to the way he tackles.

There isn't that much footage of him defending, but I've found two examples of him using his left foot to hook the ball from a player running to his left side, when most players would use their outside (right) foot to hook around.

Play-off Final

This is one you'll all be familiar with, and not the best photo. It was a superb tackle, but you'd expect most players to swing their right foot around here for a more natural slide tackle which keeps your body in a better position.

1594926722_Mingstackleplayoff.thumb.jpg.006d132e6b3e2d24a26a8ed85430382f.jpg

Non-league game

This is from a clip he posted on his own Twitter of his rise up the divisions. Again, great tackle, but his body's in a weird position and he's exposing himself to injury.

250325314_MingstackleNon-league.thumb.jpg.19b4d1660bd35dac99580203bec7f620.jpg

Could this be why he picks up lots of weird injuries? Is it something that can be fixed at this stage in your career or do you just have to go with your natural game?

Good post but surely most players slide with their stronger foot right?

17 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Good post, and made me crack a smile too.

Part of my point is that the dog will go and do a doo-doo on the kitchen floor if it's not guided and taught that the backyard is the place for that.

Furthermore, if we just let the doo-doo decompose wherever the dog has left it, it will soon stink up the place and create a minefield of headaches.

So, as right as you may be, supporters who try to dissuade the 'teenagers and inbreds' from stinking up the place have their heart in the right place.

I agree totally. However I'm going to leave the dignified policing of the teens and inbreds to my fellow logical fan(You). Social Media is somewhere I go to laugh or cry when I feel too normal and balanced. Frequenting the likes of twatter and engaging with the less fortunate is something....well it ain't happening my friend. It's why I will always take my hat off to Jesus. The Nazarene, not Pitarch!! 

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Good post but surely most players slide with their stronger foot right?

You might be right, I don't have the stats. I feel like a top pro should be able to do it off either leg? It's not as hard as striking a ball with your weaker foot, is it?

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

You might be right, I don't have the stats. I feel like a top pro should be able to do it off either leg? It's not as hard as striking a ball with your weaker foot, is it?

Might depend how one footed they are I guess. 

Â