Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

We apparently have a matching clause on him, so I can't see him going anywhere else....why would another club try with such a caveat in place.

He clearly wants to join us and other clubs will know that too.

I feel confident this deal will be done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We apparently have a matching clause on him, so I can't see him going anywhere else....why would another club try with such a caveat in place.

Can the Milwaukee Bucks put a £10m bid in for him?  He's quite tall so we may get away with it.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

12 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Hate to see your handwriting!!! 

Bless the kid and his family as it was a lovely emotionally blackmailing note. Lets not get carried away with nonsense though as the handwriting was abysmal. 10 years old or not I'd have grounded the kid and made him do lines for a couple of weeks until it improved.     

😏

I know what you said was tongue in cheek but, I work with a 30 year old man - college educated - whose writing is a million miles from being as neat or readable as what that young lad wrote, it looks like it was written whilst he was passenger to an F1 driver mid-race!

Edited by villarocker

1 hour ago, TRO said:

To ramp up the price so we have to pay more? Make a rival spend more than they'd like sort of thing and delay his move? 

35 minutes ago, villarocker said:

To ramp up the price so we have to pay more? Make a rival spend more than they'd like sort of thing and delay his move? 

but a rival, would be aware of the matching clause, so its unlikely they would bid, due to wasting their time and knowing what the plan by Bournemouth is.

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

but a rival, would be aware of the matching clause, so its unlikely they would bid, due to wasting their time and knowing what the plan by Bournemouth is.

I thought, from when this clause came to light, that this deal was almost guaranteed to not happen until the end of the window. The only things that could change that is if either Bournemouth need some money earlier, or if they think we may be signing alternatives and they could be left high and dry. 

I don’t think we should, or will be hanging around dancing in the end of a piece of string. Yes we want Mings, but there are plenty of good CBs out there and the higher they push the price or mess us around, the more attractive the alternatives will become. 

It’s a tough world and if we sign ourselves a new shiny hero, last weeks hero will soon be forgotten. I’m not particularly advocating this, but Mings has a value, let’s not get mugged. Besides we need more than one CB anyway. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I thought, from when this clause came to light, that this deal was almost guaranteed to not happen until the end of the window. The only things that could change that is if either Bournemouth need some money earlier, or if they think we may be signing alternatives and they could be left high and dry. 

I don’t think we should, or will be hanging around dancing in the end of a piece of string. Yes we want Mings, but there are plenty of good CBs out there and the higher they push the price or mess us around, the more attractive the alternatives will become. 

It’s a tough world and if we sign ourselves a new shiny hero, last weeks hero will soon be forgotten. I’m not particularly advocating this, but Mings has a value, let’s not get mugged. Besides we need more than one CB anyway. 

I agree Dave.....but we know he fits in to our squad, so naturally would be our first choice......He can hit the ground running and that's important in our new surroundings.

Purslow needs to call Clarence Avant, he will fix it. ( just kidding)

11 hours ago, villarocker said:

I know what you said was tongue in cheek but, I work with a 30 year old man - college educated - whose writing is a million miles from being as neat or readable as what that young lad wrote, it looks like it was written whilst he was passenger to an F1 driver mid-race!

A 10 year old kid with Autism has better handwriting than a 30 year old educated dude?! As you said, my comment was tongue in cheek and not malicious or intended to cause offence. Not the most tasteful on reflection but what is your point mate?

53 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

A 10 year old kid with Autism has better handwriting than a 30 year old educated dude?! As you said, my comment was tongue in cheek and not malicious or intended to cause offence. Not the most tasteful on reflection but what is your point mate?

Just saying that although that lad was only 10 and autistic, he still had vastly better handwriting than a 30 year old man that I work with. 

47 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What does upwards of £14mill actually mean 🤷🏻‍♂️

Addons, one would assume.

£12m and if Villa don't get relegated we'd pay them an extra £2m. Or something like that....

Edited by PieFacE

14 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Addons, one would assume.

£12m and if Villa don't get relegated we'd pay them an extra £2m. Or something like that....

That's not how 'upwards' works!

• Like 1

Â