Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

As I said a week ago, they do want 20m. We won't pay that. I expect 16m, maybe 17m. A lot will be made up of future bonuses.

- And I know **** all about any other transfers, just lucky I know somebody with v high Bournemouth connections.

#avfcDJITK

IMO he isn’t anywhere near the magical £20 million a lot of supposed targets will apparently cost ... Thanks Tyrone for the memories but just don’t see the value in spending that amount on him if that is what they are seeking. Colossus last season or not. His injury record prior to that golden 6 months and his unproven ability in the prem makes it a no from me. Anything over £12/13 million is ludicrous . I note no one else has been linked and his options last Jan were us of Derby .....

• Like 4

8 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

They paid £8m for him 4 years ago and he's hardly played for them - even with inflation I cant see how he's worth £20m when his one contributing factor to his value is a 5 month spell in the Championship.

If they want £20m Id move on - £14m tops for me, and that's taking in to account how good he was in the Championship 

perhaps someone can go through all the posts and edit them to say what a bunch of crap he was for us.?

unfortunately they are aware of his worth to us and playing hard ball.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

IMO he isn’t anywhere near the magical £20 million a lot of supposed targets will apparently cost ... Thanks Tyrone for the memories but just don’t see the value in spending that amount on him if that is what they are seeking. Colossus last season or not. His injury record prior to that golden 6 months and his unproven ability in the prem makes it a no from me. Anything over £12/13 million is ludicrous . I note no one else has been linked and his options last Jan were us of Derby .....

I think you are about right....I would love him to sign, but 20m with his injury record is not compatible....they need to get realistic.

but of course, we have now become a competitor.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Just now, TRO said:

I think you are about right....I would love him to sign, but 20m with his injury record is not compatible....they need to get realistic.

I wouldn't mind if its 20 million in total, but half of that needs to be performance related. 

Seems the fairest way considering his injuries!

15 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I wouldn't mind if its 20 million in total, but half of that needs to be performance related. 

Seems the fairest way considering his injuries!

Its too much Nige, in anyones language.

He has only flourished with us and that was just a 5 month window.....They need to get real and stop messing the boy around.

20 million for a player they haven't played.....that's pure spite. I understand business is business, but this deal lacks logic, its purely spiteful.

perhaps his celebrations and turning up in his Kit at Bournemouth station has rattled them and them just getting narked....the fact they couldn't get a tune out of him is driving their stance.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Its too much Nige, in anyones language.

He has only flourished with us and that was just a 5 month window.....They need to get real and stop messing the boy around.

20 million for a player they haven't played.....that's pure spite. I understand business is business, but this deal lacks logic, its purely spiteful.

If the add ons are correctly applied he will only cost us that much if he delivers. 

8 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

They paid £8m for him 4 years ago and he's hardly played for them - even with inflation I cant see how he's worth £20m when his one contributing factor to his value is a 5 month spell in the Championship.

If they want £20m Id move on - £14m tops for me, and that's taking in to account how good he was in the Championship 

Let’s not forget we are dealing with a club with paid £19m for a striker who had scored  1 goal in 20+ appearances. 

They obviously overvalue players, buying and selling 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nigel said:

If the add ons are correctly applied he will only cost us that much if he delivers. 

I think that’s the right approach. So much down and then extra chunks when he reaches certain numbers of appearances. We must also take into consideration the media exaggerated prices we are quoted. 

I doubt anyone will want Mings as much as we do, so if we get to a point where we're not willing to pay what they're asking, then Bournemouth will probably be stuck with him as it's doubtful that anyone else will pay it either, unless they lower their price. That said for all we know it could already be agreed with just formalities to sort out, in my mind it feel almost inevitable that he will be playing for us next season.

Ok, assuming they want/need £20M for Ty, is it worth trying to get value added? Are there any Bournemouth fringe players worth tacking onto a deal? 

Personally the overall transfer fee seems to me to matter less than the wage costs, as that is the bit we’re on the hook for over the next 3 years or whatever. 

Either way, let’s get it done folks. Ty wants in, we want him in. No brainer.

I’m not saying we should pay 20m but we also have to remember how well he fitted at Villa, he’s only 26 and in his prime, he’s definitely talented, he loved playing for us, played well and fits Smith’s style of play.  Buying another player will be a risk and we are still likely to have to pay well north of 10m for a player like him.

Again I’m not saying do it but we have to weigh the risks of moving onto another player for a core position especially when he’s at least one of two CBs we need to buy.

• Like 1

If you want a player as good in the Premier league as Mings was in the championship for us, then you're looking at closer to £40m, never mind £20m. Sums like £10m, £12m won't get you much, I mean if someone offered us those kind of figures now for Hause I wouldn't sell him.

Just watching the Brazilian women's team play. They seem to have feminine versions of male names. This led me to wondering if they had a female version of Mings would she be called Minge?

By the way, if there is such a player out there, I think we should sign her for our ladies team. I wouldn't mind getting Minge in a Villa shirt  🤪

Edited by villarocker
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

If he wants to join us he needs to put pressure on Bournemouth and put in a transfer request ..... 

He won’t. There’s absolutely no need to and he’d be forfeiting money. 

Â