Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

At that price - move on.

Not a chance in my eyes, I would pay it if we had no choice, Mings and Hause made our defence into what it finally was last season, which was a heck of a tough wall to score past.

Mings is absoloute worth it, his defence was spot on most of the time with hardly any errors, great passing ability, wants to get out there and be apart of the attack, in fact his work rate was amazing.

And you would pass up on Mings all for 5 million, some might say that's crazy talk, especially how we've just signed a player for 22 million who we as Fans know pretty much nothing about and were all loving that signing.

If Mings can do the job like he did last season then he will absoloute be more than worth 20 million come season end.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Right we obviously want him, Bournemouth won't budge, so we either pay or go else where.

It will not be smart business if we go else where when we know how fantastic Mings did for us so we must pay the price for Mings.

It's our own fault on the deal we should of got option to buy put on but it didn't happen for what ever the reason

20 mill is still a steal for him and 5 million on top of the 15 million we posted is absoloutly nothing in today's football world. We have to look at the player we are wanting here. Smart business doesn't even enter it because Bournemouth have stated what they want and won't budge, makes no sense to keep saying smart business as again we pay it or move on.

It is 1.67 Hause's or more than 1 Jota

In fairness though, it is only 7/10 ths of a Klanic.... so fair enough

So let's get this. 

Bournemouth pay 8m for him plays 15 games gets injuries and out of favour.

We get him in the Championship. Plays 20 games for us in a league lower and now he is worth 20m? 

Bournemouth should be happy to make 4m and sell him for 12. 

Hogan had a semi successful loan at Sheff United and got promoted is he now worth 20m?

• Like 1

£20m is what I was expecting we'd have to pay for him, doesn't really matter what Bournemouth paid, prices have moved on since then, and Mings was one of the best players in the Championship last season, one of the main reasons why we ended up getting promoted. We'd find it difficult to find someone better for cheaper, and if he's anywhere near as affective in the Premier league as he was in the league below then he'll be worth a lot more than £20m.

• Thanks 1

I think some on here have not woken up to today football world, prices are going up and up and there is nothing wrong with trying to barter. If we're told it's an extra 5 mill on top then that's just it it's the extra 5 million or no signing.

These clubs can slap on whatever prices they want and we have to be prepared to pay or risk losing out to other teams because of this attitude.

Sure there will be some steals along the way, yet some won't and we have to realise that and pay, we are not living in the late 90s anymore where the boom of all this just started.

When championship clubs are asking 20 mill plus for a player,  then we at the same time slap a 40 million plus tag on Jack who at the time was a championship player, then fifteen or twenty million for a player like Mings is only going to come with a harsh price tag as well.

It's all ok people bringing up the fact Mings was injured a while back or Bournemouth paid 8 mill for him, all that's irrelevant. What is relevant is that Mings came to us and revived his career under us, they are seeing us as wanting the man because we know, they know full well how great he played under us and to us he's been absoloutly worth it with out question.

I was always under the impression that Mings was a 20 million buy if we ever got him, it was made pretty clear from the start when the first talk started coming out about him joining us that Bournmouth might sell him if we went up.

Edited by Dave-R

20mil is a reasonable price for Mings. He is very good and is worth it in today's market.

But seeing some posters here saying "20 mil or 15mil is the same thing these days" are out of their minds. £5 mil is a huge number and covers 4/5 players wages for a year. 

I'm confident and very glad that our owners are not thinking along these money throwing lines. And if they are, we are in deep trouble.

• Like 1

Well if the reports of us lining a 18 million bid for Huddersfield's Terrance knogolo are true, that's another championship side pricing there players around the 20 million mark.

So tell me why wouldn't a Premier league player be worth 20 million or more, are we living in topsy turvy land around here. Today's football world 20 mill is a fair enough asking price for any player who came to us, showed there worth since coming to us, especially if Smith and CO think he can do the same job all over again in the Premier..

10 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

20mil is a reasonable price for Mings. He is very good and is worth it in today's market.

But seeing some posters here saying "20 mil or 15mil is the same thing these days" are out of their minds. £5 mil is a huge number and covers 4/5 players wages for a year. 

I'm confident and very glad that our owners are not thinking along these money throwing lines. And if they are, we are in deep trouble.

Obviously it isn't the same thing entirely but to these rich Owners the extra bit is pretty much nothing when there businesses are bringing that in and more on the hour.

I be NSWE have forgot what smaller digits look like lol..

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

So let's get this. 

Bournemouth pay 8m for him plays 15 games gets injuries and out of favour.

We get him in the Championship. Plays 20 games for us in a league lower and now he is worth 20m? 

Bournemouth should be happy to make 4m and sell him for 12. 

Hogan had a semi successful loan at Sheff United and got promoted is he now worth 20m?

If anything, he’s worth more, strikers tend to go for higher than defenders, generally......I like your math, this window will be a doddle, we’ll probably make a prophet once we sell Hogan, Kalinic and Bjarnason for a combined £55M.............

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Walk away. Let them see how they do with a disgruntled player. They will come back with a lower price.

Yup - couldnt fault him last season. Doubt we would have got promoted without him.

Bournemouth can price him however they want. There is a price that villa will deal - if they want to snub £15m for a player who has never made the grade with them - thats Bournemouths decision and we have to respect that.

Hes not proven at prem level - and his injury record isnt great. 

I would like him to join - but there will be other options @ £15m ...I am trusting DS make the right call. 

• Like 3

Is there even any evidence that Bournemouth are asking for £20m? The reason he hasn't signed yet could be for any number of reasons, Hause didn't sign until today and that wouldn't have had anything to do with the fee as that was agreed in January.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Is there even any evidence that Bournemouth are asking for £20m? The reason he hasn't signed yet could be for any number of reasons, Hause didn't sign until today and that wouldn't have had anything to do with the fee as that was agreed in January.

I’m not sure where the £20m price came from... seems to have been repeated quite a lot but not sure where it started.

Haven’t Bournemouth set a marker down for the price you would expect to pay for a highly rated Championship defender with the £13m they apparently paid for Lloyd Kelly, a player they want unlike Tyrone a player they seemingly don’t.  So £20m seems a bit steep but as somebody previously mentioned he might bring more to the squad than just his performances on the pitch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

Kongolo link leaked to put some pressure on Bournemouth? 🕵️‍♀️

No. Someone mentioned him out of the blue in this thread over the weekend as a good target for us. It’s more likely that the press are trolling this for new players to link us to. 

1 hour ago, useless said:

They think we are desperate and will pay.  

We just need to convince Tyrone to put in a transfer request. 😉 That would force Bournemouth’s hand and bring the price down.

He won’t, just in case he ends up at Bournemouth, but it would help. 

Â