Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

We look half the team with JJ out. Unique ability to be really good out of possession defending the left and then an absolute beast when he moves in the middle.

Looks to be a reoccurrence of his summer injury. If so, could see him out for a month at least. He’s just going to make it worse.

A huge blow. We’re so lopsided without him. 

• Like 1

This is a real blow if he’s aggravated that same injury. Finally returned to form or close to it and then this. Could have done without it happening at the beginning of this fortnight aswell.

Does anyone have the picture of his foot in a protective boot yet (I’m not saying one exists, but it’s even money one will appear in the next 24 hours ☹️)

Injuries this season have potentially cost us a real crack at the title.

Imagine we hadn't lost Mings and Buendia at the start or hadn't lost Pau and Konsa when we did (not to Mention Ramsey x 3, Moreno, Digne and Kamara).

Yes injuries will always happen but I do think we have been incredibly unfortunate this season. They have really impacted the momentum we were building.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Imagine we hadn't lost Mings and Buendia at the start or hadn't lost Pau and Konsa when we did (not to Mention Ramsey x 3, Moreno, Digne and Kamara).

Yes injuries will always happen but I do think we have been incredibly unfortunate this season. They have really impacted the momentum we were building.

tbh though a lot of teams have had injury problems.  possibly an inevitable consequence of the number of matches coupled with the high intensity pressing/pass and move style of play dominating the prem.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Kamara I was thinking second half yesterday how we could have done with him. Ramsey has been massive for him and the team as his age he wouid be improving year by year and wouid have scored at least double figures this season.  

5 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

tbh though a lot of teams have had injury problems.  possibly an inevitable consequence of the number of matches coupled with the high intensity pressing/pass and move style of play dominating the prem.

We've had a sucky time with injuries but so have Spurs, Plop and Man C too. City obviously can mask it with their infinite squad dept but missing De Bruyne for half the season and Haaland for a month is probably worth 5-10 points.

A quick look says that Arsenal have had their fair share too with Partey, Jesus, Tomiyasu and  Zinchenko missing a lot of games. 

Tbose clubs have less excuses to not have built a strong squad thou having had a lot more time at the top and a massively higher revenue than us.

Any update on him? He was touching the outside of his foot near the toes a lot, looked like the physio was asking him if he'd over extended his ankle it twisted his foot.

18 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Kamara I was thinking second half yesterday how we could have done with him.

Deffo, putting Tim on was a big sign that Emery wanted to sort that out a bit somehow

On 03/03/2024 at 08:41, Captain_Townsend said:

I'm not sure I agree with the title bit... Also, if Mings had been fit, would Pau have been given the time to settle early doors and therefore turned into the player we now see? Had Buendia been fit would Diaby or Bailey have had the impact they've had throughout the season, especially Bailey? Would Dougie be playing further forward and been allowed to contribute so much to the attack, or would Tielemans have taken that slot more than Dougie? We just don't know. They've all been loses for sure but have all been equally replaced with players that have excelled on last year and taken their own games to another level. Everyone was flapping after Kamara got injured after Utd yet McGinn and Dougie have turned that on it's head with us picking up 3 wins on the bounce. We've just kept rolling on. 

I think sometimes it's easy to say we could've been so much better if a, b or c were in the mix but sometimes it allows others to reach new levels. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

Any update on him?

Left the game with a protective boot on - according to John Townley. 

That is never a good sign. 

Another week another injury. We should do a poll, who's going to be next?! Rotten luck for him, feel for him. Was looking like he was just getting his stride back.

16 hours ago, omariqy said:

Left the game with a protective boot on - according to John Townley. 

That is never a good sign. 

Almost certainly something to do with his recurring foot injury. I expect he won't play again this season.

On 03/03/2024 at 08:55, tezzaleed said:

Yes but ours are nothing compared with Liverpool and Spurs, I heard that on the BBC and straight from the mouth of the actual manager of Liverpool, so it must be true!!!

Edited by DaveAV1

14 hours ago, Risso said:

Almost certainly something to do with his recurring foot injury. I expect he won't play again this season.

I think you may be right unfortunately 

Players wear those protective boots all the time as a precaution, I've seen players with them on and then play the following week. It might be that he has another bad injury, but that he's been sporting 'une botte chirurgicale' isn't evidence of it in of itself

Â