Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

53 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Phew!

I feel bad for JJ that we're having such a special season as a club but it has been such a tricky one for him personally with all the stop start injuries 

It is a shame as I feel if he had been fit he would now be looking at going to the Euros as part of the England squad.

Still a young man though, so plenty of time 

• Like 1

This is the best news  now JJ  . Come back sunday and smash the next 2 months. Its reminding me of when he first broke through 3 years ago. Its taken time for him to click but you can see that he is about to click into top top form. When the goal goes in i am expecting alot more after. He was pretty much our best player last 2 months of last season

1 hour ago, picicata said:

It is a shame as I feel if he had been fit he would now be looking at going to the Euros as part of the England squad.

Still a young man though, so plenty of time 

Yep. Loads of time. In terms of value only Harvey Elliott is worth more of the last years u21s on Transfermarkt. He is highly thought of is JJ. 

People seem to be forgetting how good he has been for us and just how excellent his (and Moreno’s) form was last season…

it’s just because he’s been injured and largely unavailable that he is being less valued and considered for sale by certain fans… had he been playing regularly, he would be looked at in the same way as other players we deem as essential or important… just imagine how much better we would have been if he’d been playing and performing consistently? 

He’s still so young with so much talent and potential… I would feel utterly sick to see him turning out and shining for another PL team… he’s one of our own (how bad would it look to sell such a player and relatively cheaply too? What message would that send?) and needs to remain a big part of our future… he carries the ball so well and is a consistent goal threat, his passing and “assist making” has improved too… he will continue to develop and improve… what an asset.

Anyway, Unai said he is “selfish” and wants to work with JJ and rates him highly… he’s not going anywhere.

Also worth considering that we won’t sell anyone on the cheap… if an offer comes in for a first team player, it has to be a big fee and that’s only going to arrive for a player that has been playing and performing consistently and whose value is at/near its peak… we’d be stupid to sell JJ under value (his value would skyrocket again once he’s performing and playing regally and contributing goals and assists as per usual, it’s a terrible time to sell rn).

I also don’t see many teams capable of splashing out huge fees on players anyway… 

I don’t think anyone important will be leaving but we have others in the squad we can make money on and replace with alternatives or even upgrades (such as Chambers, Cash and Digne)…

players out on loan to shift too, £4m fee triggered for Sanson, Coutinho and Dendoncker will be more difficult to shift but not impossible…

Anyway, I’d rather not sign anyone (and welcome back and reintegrate the injured players) than sell anyone crucial or especially under value…. 

Why destabilise the team and our progression? I’m sure we won’t be shooting ourselves in the foot when we’ve finally kicked on as a club and have so much more to achieve…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"For me it is not a surprise when they are starting to speak about our players," Emery admitted. "And one of them, of course, is Jacob Ramsey.

"He is 22-years-old, and progressively he is getting better. This year he has had some injuries so he is not being consistent.

"But in the second part of the season, after tomorrow and Saturday, he is going to be very, very important to us. His potential is very high, an even higher level than my expectations.

"When I arrived here I had some doubts about his qualities and where he could play to successfully exploit his characteristics as a player. In one year we were gradually finding his best position.

"Now, when he is available, he has become very important for us. But I am not thinking about letting him leave. Even in case some teams are offering us a lot.

"Right now I don't want that - I completely don't want that. I want to work with him and try and help him increase his level because I am selfish and I want him at his best for me.

"Of course we can both benefit from that. His future now is with Aston Villa and I am not understanding without him.

"We are now fourth in the league and every player must focus here. I think Jacob Ramsey is a very good man, an honest man and in all my conversations with him his commitment to Aston Villa is clear."

Link

Comments from 30th January.

Edited by Jas10
Date added
  • Like 2

No one has really taken JJ’s position at LM either… when he’s been available, he’s been thrown back in. He’s never been the backup to the player who has, tbh, “filled in” there…

We had also been a bit overloaded with left footed forwards and JJ is one of the few right footers who can dribble and carry the ball with pace… and also score and assist. He’s a major asset and a genuine threat to the opposition.

Tielemans has barely any pace and Rogers is nowhere near JJ’s level atm… they’re both probably better suited to supporting Ollie in more of a SS/AM role than playing on the wing… but Bailey is usually the preferred option there when we have everyone available.

To replace him, we’d have to spend big on a new player. What would be the point in selling?

He’s the best option we have, when fit, for that position and role in the team. It’s more about getting him fit and firing, consistently in the team (and back to linking up with Moreno on that left wing, what a combination) rather than even thinking of a replacement/sale… 

14 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Does after tomorrow and Saturday mean he’s out for tomorrow?

That’s how I read it too. However, we play West Ham next Sunday so who knows!

Edited by Villa87

25 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I don't think it's a recent quote tbh. Not recent as in not in the last few weeks.

32 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Sorry, I was reposting the comments or article (link to article posted below the quotes) to reiterate the point on JJ. This was from 30th January and after Unai had been directly asked about him after the FFP article that the Athletic(?) had posted…

When there was talk or speculation of needing to sell someone to comply… and Unai responded by ruling out his availability basically…

Edited by Jas10

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I don't think it's a recent quote tbh. Not recent as in not in the last few weeks.

Yep, but I don’t think Unai’s viewpoint has or will change. And I can’t envisage anyone putting in a monster offer for JJ since, by being injured and unavailable, his value will have actually dropped… the difference would be huge if the opposite were the case. It would be stupid to undersell such an asset.

Once he’s back on form and playing regularly, his value will increase hugely. But… I don’t think he’s viewed as a “saleable” asset anyway… his age and potential, as well as being a proper “Villa boy”, make him almost invaluable… a player we need to build around…

And, given his age, one that should stick around for a long while yet… his value should only keep increasing. Again, a stupid time to sell - unless a crazy offer arrived… but from where and which club?

Edited by Jas10

Â