Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

19 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

Annoying that JR got injured at that youth competition last summer for the England U21. He was far too good for that level last season, but yet the FA make another selection error with one of our players....

And to think how much "real" development he has missed this season because of it....😐

Still seething about this decision. The entire following season written off pointlessly.

Just now, AvonVillain said:

Still seething about this decision. The entire following season written off pointlessly.

I also blame the club for not advising him against it tbh.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Young players aren't milking anything.

I worded my point badly. It is silly that he is still receiving awards for this competition, a youth comp that has kept him out for most of this season. The U21 tournament means little in comparison to senior football, JR would have benefitted from not being injured in a youth competition and getting "real" experience with us this season. The club would have benefitted from him being involved too. I am not celebrating his ankle break in a youth tournament, it is stupid.

Besides Ramsey was more than ready to be part of the England first team set up last season too, if only Club Southgate had more competence and understanding of the game.πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

50 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Could’ve done his ACL in training instead. You never know. No point seething in the world of counterfactuals.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Could’ve done his ACL in training instead. You never know. No point seething in the world of counterfactuals.

But such a situation can't be helped. This could easily have been avoided. Young player playing too much football and desperately needing a rest, instead sent off to a pointless competition. A zero gain situation for player or club which the player and club are now suffering for.

I sincerely hope we learn a lesson here.

14 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

But such a situation can't be helped. This could easily have been avoided. Young player playing too much football and desperately needing a rest, instead sent off to a pointless competition. A zero gain situation for player or club which the player and club are now suffering for.

I sincerely hope we learn a lesson here.

He broke his foot, it was absolutely nothing to do with playing too much football.Β 

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He broke his foot, it was absolutely nothing to do with playing too much football.Β 

He came off injured playing for England U21's in the win over Portugal last July, and we haven't seen the same exceptional player since. Therefore, Jacob Ramsey suffered an injury playing competitive football over the summer, not whilst relaxing and recuperating as he should have been instructed to do instead.

It's really simple. If he had of injured himself on a seesaw in a public park, I would concede, that this was just ill luck, and nothing to do with football. But that wasn't the case.

He injured himself playing in a big youth tournament, it would have been a huge deal to him, there's no way he would have accepted not playing in it, unless it was because he was needed for the seniors, in which case he would still be playing football, it was just bad luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, useless said:

He injured himself playing in a big youth tournament, it would have been a huge deal to him, there's no way he would have accepted not playing in it, unless it was because he was needed for the seniors, in which case he would still be playing football, it was just bad luck.

It is silly. He has lost out on a big chunk of real, competitive football this season. I would understand more if it was for the England senior team (like it logically should have been), that level is (or should be) the pinnacle of any professional footballer.Β  It was a youth comp, it was playing for a strong nation that has a great pool of resources, it really isn'tΒ  a "big" achievement and not worth breaking an ankle for - the sad truth is JR club career progression has stalled because of it.

It is laughable for him to be holding silly awards up for his contribution many months later. It is the equivalence to getting a science certificate in Primary School and thinking your size of achievement is related to splitting the atom. It is very foolish and delusional to milk it. A well done and pat on the back is more than enough for him at this stage, then move on and try to achieve something that is "big".

Β 

Edited by Villa_Vids

It was a major international U21 tournament, the U21 national teams involved were full of first team players, basically some of the best young players in Europe, also it was a big achievement, it was the first time England had won the competition since 1984, the likes of Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, Germany, Netherlands, and so on were all also in the competition.

I haven't got a clue about him holding up an award months later, I haven't seen that, don't know what it is, but seems a dumb thing to be bothered about

18 minutes ago, useless said:

It was a major international U21 tournament, the U21 national teams involved were full of first team players, basically some of the best young players in Europe, also it was a big achievement, it was the first time England had won the competition since 1984, the likes of Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, Germany, Netherlands, and so on were all also in the competition.

I haven't got a clue about him holding up an award months later, I haven't seen that, don't know what it is, but seems a dumb thing to be bothered about

The award is probably aggravating to (some) fans because it reminds them of the genesis of the injury.

I doubt he'll be parading around Bodymoor Heath with this thing, the picture I saw he looked about as excited as me when I get a $47 refund check from some doctor months after a visit because insurance finally came through (I know you Brits have no idea the hell I'm talking about, just go with me here, it's not very exciting)

3 minutes ago, useless said:

England are badly run despite what some clowns in the media think of Club Southgate and his "change of culture" 🀣 - England have a rich pool of resources and players to choose from despite Southgate's nonsense.

In the grand scheme of football it was small. It is a youth competition. Club football is more important for his development.

Regarding the award - I'm more bothered about him being out and injured for our cause, it is annoying.

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

If only we had a song that could encompass him playing for his boyhood clubΒ 

Just off the top of my head, how about something like:

”He’s one of the Aston Villa fans like us,
one of the Aston Villa fans like ussssss,
Tim Iroegbunam is one of the Aston Villa fans as are we at the ground!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

England have a rich pool of resources and players to choose from despite Southgate's nonsense.

Β 

Not if they all say they are too busy to play for the U21s they don’t ;)

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Just off the top of my head, how about something like:

”He’s one of the Aston Villa fans like us,
one of the Aston Villa fans like ussssss,
Tim Iroegbunam is one of the Aston Villa fans as are we at the ground!”

Is this supposed to be done by that bloke on Twitter πŸ˜‚

Need to understand the true nature of this injury and fast. If it's going to be some chronic thing needing long term management and limited game time going forward to be brutally honest we'd be better off cashing in especially for 100 million.

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Need to understand the true nature of this injury and fast. If it's going to be some chronic thing needing long term management and limited game time going forward to be brutally honest we'd be better off cashing in especially for 100 million.

If that's true, no one is paying 100 million.

Injuries like this require rest, which is hard to find when your club is probably going to break 60 games played. 2 months off in the summer and he will be back to his best.Β 

Γ—
Γ—
Γ‚