Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

JJ has improved leaps and bounds since he was first given an opportunity by Deano. He's in a nice position as a young English midfielder, where he is simultaneously getting lots of minutes in the PL and also performing well, whilst not being built up by the media as the second coming of Christ.

Even Gallagher got that treatment at Crystal Palace last season and it deteriorates young players. Ramseys had over 2 seasons worth of appearances already and the improvement is significant.

If he can keep improving, keep playing and also be kept steady in his exposure at international level to stop him from burning out, he could really be going places

• Like 3

Good point about burning out. He really does need some rotation next season. The burnout rate is high on players U21 with so many minutes. Bellingham is already reaching that point and plenty other examples. 

• Like 1

I think that's easily his best performance of the season today. Absolutely superb and I cannot remember him giving the ball away once. Unlucky not to have walked away with a couple of goals this afternoon.

• Like 3

Just now, Tomaszk said:

He and Moreno embarrassed Trippier so many times.

Hope Southgate enjoyed it.

Was interesting to see Carsley next to him. This is part of the pathway the FA have with promoting u21 players to the full squad.JJ didn't do himself any harm today

44 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I think he could be in the next England squad after that performance. By far his best in a Villa shirt for me. 

Southgate would probably call up Chukwuemeka before him

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I see now Liverpool has conceded defeat signing in Bellingham, there are rumours that Gerrard is trying to pursuade Ramsey to join them. Jog on you little toad! 

It's from a rubbish source.

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Maybe, but given how highly he talked about Ramsey when he was manager it is  plausible. 

No literally the tweet been posted here. Rubbish ITK muppet that's been mocked before by players that he's made transfer rumours about

Â