Kortney Hause

Sam3773

Have to say I was completely baffled and very puzzled by the amount of criticism he was getting the match thread, wasn't brilliant but was nowhere near as bad as was being made out either, and repelled a lot of their attacks.

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Have to say I was completely baffled and very puzzled by the amount of criticism he was getting the match thread, wasn't brilliant but was nowhere near as bad as was being made out either, and repelled a lot of their attacks.

agreed, he wasnt brilliant, but he wasnt bad, was just ok for me.

One thing i said in the thread, was he played poor in his debut for us, and it took him a few games to get up to speed.

I wonder from tonight if thats the type of player he is, someone who needs to "get his eye in" over a few games and improves as he plays, as last season he developed and was really good at times.

good run out for him.

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He can cover both positions so surely with Hause there you can have a more  attacking option on the bench 

Maybe Konsa is just better at CB so Smith feels safer having him on the bench? Unnecessary anyway when we already have one FB on there.

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Nah he's just 4th choice CB. Smith likes only two defenders (one CB and one FB) on the bench.

Surely we don't need two defenders on the bench if we just put Hause there given he can play LB or CB as he did in last few minutes of play off final when Mings went off.

5 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think if he's used as a LB he could offer more than Taylor. I'd definitely consider that. 

I saw him play there at Stoke and was impressed by how composed he was on the ball. Ultimately though we've spent 14m on another LB so he needs to get run of games before too long.

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I saw him play there at Stoke and was impressed by how composed he was on the ball. Ultimately though we've spent 14m on another LB so he needs to get run of games before too long.

I wish we gave Kourtney the chance when we didn't have Targett available. However I'd be more than happy to see Targett playing and hopefully impressing.

Â