Kortney Hause

Sam3773

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I would play him LB if Targett isn't fit no question. Not least because he's a good young player who deserves playing time. He didn't leave Wolves' reserves so he could warm Villa's bench. Him and Konsa need playing time.

Hause hasn’t even been getting on the bench :( I feel sorry for him, he didn’t let anyone down last season. I think he might struggle in  The Premier League 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Hause hasn’t even been getting on the bench :( I feel sorry for him, he didn’t let anyone down last season. I think he might struggle in  The Premier League 

Me too SGC. He's actually pretty good, I was surprised last season at how good he is. He did well in the cup games too. If we have an opportunity to put him in the side, we should imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Taylor definitely. If Targett is out like he might be and was for a few weeks, it's gotta be Kortney at LB.

Let’a hope that Targett isn’t out for long then, I thought he put some lovely crosses in to their box yesterday. He added a new dimension to our play, such a shame that he had to go off injured. I just can’t see Smith dropping Taylor, he seems to like him as I do. Taylor is a solid pro, he’s been there and done jt, some of the abuse he gets on here and at Villa Park is terrible to hear

Problem with signing so many defenders in the summer is if everyone stays fit then some will have to miss out from 18.

Interesting thing for me is Konsa seems to be first pick for bench back up. Anyone know if he played FB at Charlton or Brentford?

Hause on the bench would actually make more sense given he can cover CB and played games for us at LB so you want a versatile player or two on the bench who can cover positions.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Problem with signing so many defenders in the summer is if everyone stays fit then some will have to miss out from 18.

Interesting thing for me is Konsa seems to be first pick for bench back up. Anyone know if he played FB at Charlton or Brentford?

Hause on the bench would actually make more sense given he can cover CB and played games for us at LB so you want a versatile player or two on the bench who can cover positions.

And some presence

10 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Let’a hope that Targett isn’t out for long then, I thought he put some lovely crosses in to their box yesterday. He added a new dimension to our play, such a shame that he had to go off injured. I just can’t see Smith dropping Taylor, he seems to like him as I do. Taylor is a solid pro, he’s been there and done jt, some of the abuse he gets on here and at Villa Park is terrible to hear

SGC.....i respect your view, but did you see the game?.....his presence was woeful and a contributory factor in us dropping points.

Even Sam Allardyce picked up on it.

The wales fans have also made their calls.....its not a popularity contest, he might be a decent bloke......he is nowhere near good enough.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

SGC.....i respect your view, but did you see the game.....his presence was woeful and a contributory factor in us dropping points.

Even Sam Allardyce picked up on it.

The wales fans have also made their calls.....its not a popularity contest, he might be a decent bloke......he is nowhere near good enough.

I don’t think I’ve ever disagreed with anything you’ve said on this site but if Targett is out, who else do we have? I thought Targett looked very good until he got injured, he was whipping some lovely crosses in

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think I’ve ever disagreed with anything you’ve said on this site but if Targett is out, who else do we have? I thought Targett looked very good until he got injured, he was whipping some lovely crosses in

Hause.

Yes he was

Yes I thought Targett showed a presence we have been missing too....He looked like a player not many opposition players will consider trying to take advantage of....they will be wary.....He settled my nerves regarding that position.

just our bloody luck... we lose him when we need him.

We all have players we favour determined by how we watch a game and the emphasis or slant to adopt.

I have players I favour.....some I am not sure......some I change my mind on and some I am sure, as I can ever be.

Taylor falls in to the later for me.....Why we paid as much as we did for him I will never know, I guess he will just be another statistic in the annals of Villas "off day" signings.

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Taylor falls in to the later for me.....Why we paid as much as we did for him I will never know, I guess he will just be another statistic in the annals of Villas "off day" signings.

At just over £5m he's been okay I think in terms of value. Targett is a better left back I think - Hause isn't. I see Hause as our number four centre back and an emergency left back fill in. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

At just over £5m he's been okay I think in terms of value. Targett is a better left back I think - Hause isn't. I see Hause as our number four centre back and an emergency left back fill in. 

ok

I disagree.....I think we need attributes at Left Back that can help defend a lead.......If you think being possibly more comfortable on the ball trumps being more physically adept at stopping goals, being more likely to challenge in the air at the back post and having a presence that opposition players are less likely to take advantage of....then I see where you are coming from......sadly, I disagree with you.....however,I too would prefer Targett.

I also think Hause is a tad underrated....but inconsistent, but have seen him have competent games.

but just remind me......How much did we sell Lowton and Enda Stevens for?

Edited by TRO

Smith saw that Hause can do a good job at left-back last season, yet he sill picks Taylor ahead of him in that position, he's not going to change that just because of Taylor's performance yesterday. Hopefully Targett's injury isn't too bad and he's fit for the next game.

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

ok

I disagree.....I think we need attributes at Left Back that can help defend a lead.......If you think being possibly more comfortable on the ball trumps being more physically adept at stopping goals, being more likely to challenge in the air at the back post and having a presence that opposition players are less likely to take advantage of....then I see where you are coming from......sadly, I disagree with you.....however,I too would prefer Targett.

I think Taylor is a better defensive left back than Hause. I think he's positionally better, I think he's tactically better - Hause is bigger and more physical, but those are the attributes you want in your centre backs, not your full backs.

I think our goals yesterday were conceded not because of what happened in the six yard box as the crosses came in, but because of how easily our opponents were able to work the ball into those wide areas on both occasions. A midfield with Grealish down the left and Hourihane in the middle gives us a lot, but it doesn't give us a great deal of control or cover in those situations.

Subjective, but there is much in the context.....Personally , I would feel safer with Hause and even safer with a fit Targett.

Interestingly.....I agree with the sentiment about the midfield, personally I still think we have an issue there and for sure I cannot trump Dean Smith, he is the manager..... for me ,I don't think we have sufficient quality of DM to play one only, ( i could change my mind with development) currently I would go 4-2-3-1.

I respectfully disagree on the Taylor issue.....Firstly Hause and him have different attributes and I accept Taylor has some that Hause does not....Dean smith is the one who has to make that call influenced by the way he is set up, I respect that too....but let me bring you back to a specific, yesterday, Taylor was perfectly positioned to deal with the Rodriguez goal and I can't be sure Hause would have been there, but Taylor having been perfectly positioned failed to deal with it, anywhere close to competently, he floundered and looked silly to me,to be frank. Forwards do score goals irrespective of the defending, I guess Sean Dyche will be mulling over his indiscretions at the back, for our goals

I would be willing to take the gamble and say Hause would have been there too and I will also gamble and say Rodriguez would not have had the same level of confidence to score as he had dealing with Taylor....to say he wouldn't would be speculation granted.

Personally, I think Taylor gets targeted, pardon the pun, by savvy opposition players, who smell a weakness and set about exploiting it....as they do.

don't get me wrong here, if Taylor was the only culprit in our team, I wouldn't get quite so concerned, but I think he is the most stand out one......and we are talking about him and Hause.

Edited by TRO

I think Hause is a more reliable defender than Taylor. He actually might have prevented Burnley's first goal.

I don't think Hause gives any more going forward, but in the absense of Targett we have to get used to it.

• Like 1

Â