Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Then WTF are we doing?! 🤦🏿

Would rather sell or loan him to a Championship club. Lol

I think he has said he will only go to Hajduk which I suppose is fair enough. Its our fault giving him a stupid deal

• Like 1

Need to cut our losses now if there's only a season left, mutual termination. I can understand spreading the cost of the losses whilst he had more than a year on his deal but he's got to go now. 

I don't actually think he's a bad keeper, he was just not as good as Heaton and then Martinez and was unlucky with injuries. 

We got promoted and the last thing we wanted to do was hand a previously injured, untested in England GK the #1 shirt and hope it works out, especially when we had someone as good as Heaton as an option to go for. The the rest is history. 

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Up there with our most bizarre signings ever. More to it than meets the eye.

Was it bizarre at the time though? He had an ok rep, was fighting for the Croatia no.1 spot.

• Like 1

Just now, regular_john said:

What happened with Kalinic? I remember us signing him, him looking decent-ish and then he just...vanished.

Was he crapper than I remember? Behind the scenes antics? Injury?

He's barely made the bench in years 

Never the same after the concussion against the Tesco bags 

He made his debut in January 2019 then played his last game for us in February 2019, of the seven league games that he played we won just one, then when he came out the team for Steer we went on a eleven game unbeaten run.

His last game was the 2-0 defeat to West Brom, he came off in that game at half-time, Steer came on in the second-half kept a clean sheet and kept his place in the team for the rest of the season, and for the remaining sixteen games that Steer played including play-off matches we conceded more than one goal just once and that was when we played a weakened team against Norwich on last of the season.

So could say he had some bad luck, his injury, Steer's form when coming into the side, and our form as a team, and then finally promotion meant that we wanted to go with a keeper with Premier League experience so signed Heaton.

• Like 3

Â