Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Think we've been trying to move them on for a while, problem is no one wants them. 

There were rumours linking Nyland to some Bundesliga sides. 
Kalinic went on loan to Toulouse last season, maybe we could persuade some Ligue 1 sides to take him or maybe a return to Croatia?

7 hours ago, Jas10 said:

There were rumours linking Nyland to some Bundesliga sides. 
Kalinic went on loan to Toulouse last season, maybe we could persuade some Ligue 1 sides to take him or maybe a return to Croatia?

He's likely on at least twice as much money a month here as the highest paid player in the Croatian league. The salaries alone makes it difficult to shift our fringe players, and if we want a fee it's even more difficult.

15 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

It was the game away to Brentford from what I recall (he started well in that match after a shaky few games) where he got a concussion, then Steer came in and the rest is history.

I am sure it was West Brom, the game Hourihane was booed off

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

do we terminate his contract as well or keep him around in case of emergency?

personally i would let him leave if Heaton is close to being fit.

We cant terminate his contract, he has 3 years left on it, loan or transfer is prob the best we could do?

1 minute ago, Villaphan04 said:

Depends how much its cost the club, Jota terminated his contract through mutual consent to he might only have been paid off half of his contract beating he’s probably eager to get some minutes elsewhere 

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

He has like 3 years left, Nyland had 8 months. Would cost a fortune to terminate 

Just checked and yeah when we signed him we gave him a 4 1/2 year deal, long time to go. If someone comes in for him we will let him go but don’t see his contract being paid off, way too much money!

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

So is he still on the books at Villa and we couldn't shift him on loan? All in all it was  a very strange signing.

I'm convinced DS never wanted him given how his career has gone here. Given we wanted him previously, he played in Belgium and Suso had just come in it all points to him being an easy signing to make.

IIRC Nyland got season ending injury so we did need to get a keeper in but as soon as we signed Kalinic we also recalled Steer and get the feeling DS rated Steer more but had to play Kalinic due to him signing for big money. 5 games later he gets subbed half time v West Brom apparently due to concussion and never played for us again, not even a early league cup cameo.

Checked and he was on the bench for Stoke away a week later after WBA, I thought player was out for 10 days if they were concussed so I'm not convinced that was the reason.

Edited by VillaChris

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Thug said:

Would love to say that he is a terrible keeper.

However, I was watching some italian highlights the other day, and Gollini was incredible.

So I will change it to he's been terrible for us.

Made a wonderful save at the weekend from Veretout 😔

Remember first time I watched him at home to Hull and a weak shot going straight through him and just thinking Oh no not another one.

Bad times they were dark dark days.

Anyway it is nice to be in a position to not even give this donkey a second thought as opposed to his transfer fee and wages strangling the life out of the club.

Â