Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I would guess thats its kalinic wants to play and we have told him he's 3rd choice at best, so he wants to either go on loan or be sold, and as no-one seems to want to buy him, a loan it is!

Has to be, do we buy/loan a replacement or go with Steer and the kid.

16 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Has to be, do we buy/loan a replacement or go with Steer and the kid.

I reckon we’ll look to take an experienced back up that’s happy to be number two, provided there’s one available somewhere. 

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I reckon we’ll look to take an experienced back up that’s happy to be number two, provided there’s one available somewhere. 

Alisson Becker, probably won't get any minutes but would be a good deputy 😉

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

💩

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Surely has to go down as one of the worst signings in the history of the club 

Was a strange one.

I mean he didn't look great in his first 5 games, let some easy shots go pass him and also that header v West Brom that was scored from corner of the box. Subbed at half time in that game and never played for us since.

Compare him to Nyland though who was awful early on but has kept on getting chances to stake claim for number one (e.g. after lockdown infront of Reina for a few weeks) and it's a bit odd. Can only think signing was agreed before DS was appointed and he's just not his type of keeper.

7 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Surely has to go down as one of the worst signings in the history of the club 

Nah, who was that REALLY shit keeper we had in the championship? Played one game in the cup?

edit: André Moreira

Edited by Thug

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was a strange one.

I mean he didn't look great in his first 5 games, let some easy shots go pass him and also that header v West Brom that was scored from corner of the box. Subbed at half time in that game and never played for us since.

Compare him to Nyland though who was awful early on but has kept on getting chances to stake claim for number one (e.g. after lockdown infront of Reina for a few weeks) and it's a bit odd. Can only think signing was agreed before DS was appointed and he's just not his type of keeper.

I think Cutler is the main voice when it comes to goalkeepers. He seemed to see something in Nyland and had more time for him maybe he was better with his feet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Nah, who was that REALLY shit keeper we had in the championship? Played one game in the cup?

edit: André Moreira

Saved a penalty and kept a clean sheet in his only appearance. 100% record, statistically the greatest keeper we've ever had 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, colhint said:

Thing is with Kalinic, he never inspired confidence in the team or fans. Watching him flapping for the ball at a corner, was like watching a sealion trying to have a wank.

A good attempt, but just to correct your apparent lack of Sea Lion anatomical knowledge there, its penis is not located 3 feet above its head. 

Just an FYI.

• Like 1

Looks like another case of someone running down their contract. Guess PL salaries are so much higher than the ones in their local leagues they won't agree to a contract termination unless they are adequately compensated or desperate for first team football. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think Cutler is the main voice when it comes to goalkeepers. He seemed to see something in Nyland and had more time for him maybe he was better with his feet.

think i read somewhere how phenomenal at shot stopping nyland was in training. like he had a 6th sense for where the ball was going. shame about pretty much every other goalkeeping attribute

i actually didn't mind kalinic. definitely not the worst keeper we've had. but steer is still better

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

There were reports of immense homesickness when he arrived, probably compounded by his bad performances on the pitch. He's pretty much the only vestige of a very dark time in our history. For both parties, I hope we can just draw a line under this and terminate his contract.

He probably knew it was a bad move, but it happens often especially in the Championship. Players think I'll join this club, good chance they get promoted, I'll get a huge wage raise, they will invest elsewhere and I can go on my holiday for 2 or 3 years full salary.

Jon Parkin talked about it once on a podcast when he joined Cardiff. Had no intention of staying in Cardiff.

• Like 1

Â