Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

7 hours ago, The_Rev said:

It's puzzling.  I'd always wondered if it was an agent thing, often moves are driven like that (I figured that Anwar on loan to Everton was such a thing) but Kalinic was with a very small Croatian firm called Pharos Sport Agency so it's unlikely we were signing him with a view to building a relationship for more players down the road. I'm just guessing that somebody really rated him and felt he was undervalued.   That goal he conceded two minutes into his debut seemed to be the ending of him.  

Well he certainly wasn't DS signing given he recalled Steer at same time as we got Lovre in and would've been happy just playing him for run in as he eventually did.

Odd though he never got a chance again even in league cup after he got dropped after West Brom game in Feb 2019. Whereas Nyland was pretty much awful before and after his ACL and he got countless chances to impress in league and cup.

Aside from his great performances v Leicester in cup SF Nyland certainly wasn't better than Kalinic from what I saw of both but then you lose track of all the keepers we've had in last four years starting with Johnstone on loan.

Completely forgot Heaton played for us for six months with his own injury and then us signing Martinez.

9 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Never the same after the concussion against the Tesco bags 

Was it actually concussion? He was back on the bench 7 days later at Stoke so surely protocol would've ruled him out.

In that game pretty sure there was a header from edge of the box that looped over him into corner so always thought DS said some choice words to him at half time, he responded, was subbed and that was it really. Not great though when we'd just handed him a 4 and a half year deal!

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was it actually concussion? He was back on the bench 7 days later at Stoke so surely protocol would've ruled him out.

In that game pretty sure there was a header from edge of the box that looped over him into corner so always thought DS said some choice words to him at half time, he responded, was subbed and that was it really. Not great though when we'd just handed him a 4 and a half year deal!

He got clattered in the head before the poor goal he conceded

7 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

How is this still here?! It’s lasted longer than the Grealish one. 

Some way to go to beat the Bissouma one though, a noble soul (@It's Your Round) had to resort to posting fish and boobs to get it moved 

Edited by MrBlack

13 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Breaking news: Andre Moreira joins Aston Villa Football Club | AVFC

Counterpoint

Who is this? 

If its the Portuguese guy he played twice had one clean sheet and saved a penalty

Also managed by Bruce who is a coaching disgrace 

On 01/07/2022 at 14:12, The_Rev said:

It's puzzling.  I'd always wondered if it was an agent thing, often moves are driven like that (I figured that Anwar on loan to Everton was such a thing) but Kalinic was with a very small Croatian firm called Pharos Sport Agency so it's unlikely we were signing him with a view to building a relationship for more players down the road. I'm just guessing that somebody really rated him and felt he was undervalued.   That goal he conceded two minutes into his debut seemed to be the ending of him.  

His debut was abysmal, he was Djemba-Djemba/Tonev levelsof terrible.

Hadn't we pushed to sign himon an emergency basis earlier, only to be vetoed by the Sunderland boss at the same time they were covering up Adam Johnson's noncing?

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Who is this? 

If its the Portuguese guy he played twice had one clean sheet and saved a penalty

Also managed by Bruce who is a coaching disgrace 

Yeah but he was dire. I remember the league cup game he played in, we were away at a league one/two team (can’t remember who it was exactly) and he looked like a rabbit in the headlights, even the penalty he saved was straight at him I think.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Christ this is the blue/black white/gold dress all over again…

It's impossible to be certain purely from this video because the quality is so low, but what happens is it hits the post and bounces back exactly as the time the keeper crashes into the net.

The clearest indication is how the closest players on both teams don't stop for even a moment and react like they've just scored, it's just a hell of an optical illusion

Edited by Davkaus

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's impossible to be certain purely from this video because the quality is so low, but what happens is it hits the post and bounces back exactly as the time the keeper crashes into the net.

The clearest indication is how the closest players on both teams don't stop for even a moment and react like they've just scored, it's just a hell of an optional illusion

Watching it back on 5th time I can see that. Think the keeper actually saves it onto the post

Unfortunate for the other team but play to the whistle, the TV station was caught out as well

Edited by Zatman

Â