Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

Can’t believe after tonight’s performance no one has posted in this thread since Feb 2nd ... if Nyland put in a performance like tonight it would of been 5 pages of bile towards him. 2nd goal it was a foul but he was should of done better leading up to it . Not convinced but early days so unfair to judge him other than must do better .

Second goal should've been called offside, I was right behind it and Sharp is easily in his eyeline.

It was a tricky shot to hold, dipped at last minute and he parried it wide to Madine.

Been a bit disappointed with his lack of command at corners, was 100 yards away but seemed he came out and then retreated for the first?

Been unconvincing so far but think he's got more ability than Nyland who let in so many easy shots so need to be patient and get a better back 4 infront of him.

I think he seems fine? Competent and doesn’t really muck anything up. He’s reliable and I do have confidence in him so I don’t think he’s a concern really. He’s not really to blame for any of the goals he’s conceded in this dire patch. The defence is the real issue. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

I think he seems fine? Competent and doesn’t really muck anything up. He’s reliable and I do have confidence in him so I don’t think he’s a concern really. He’s not really to blame for any of the goals he’s conceded in this dire patch. The defence is the real issue. 

Agreed...  Nyland was good for at least one good howler a game and didn't start putting in performances until AFTER Kalinic was signed in December and he knew his job was on the line.

I think Nyland was a good keeper and think to many haters got on his back for what was a defensive and midfield problem. The blame should of often been put on defence and midfield for not doing there jobs properly.

People blamed Nyland for screwing up once per game, so why on earth were the other players not getting blamed as they screwed up alot more each game.

Nyland was used as a scapegoat period.

I just hope Lovre works out long term or that's 7 mill down the drain, seems like he will.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My worry with him is that he does seem to parry back into play a lot of stuff I would expect him to hold on to. 

That and his inability to come for crosses ,  it’s a major weakness that teams will exploit 

Don’t think he did much wrong yesterday. Second goal was strange but I don’t think it was his fault. He saw the initial shot late because Sharp was running across his eyeline. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Don’t think he did much wrong yesterday. Second goal was strange but I don’t think it was his fault. He saw the initial shot late because Sharp was running across his eyeline. 

Yep. From an offside position. Still can’t get over that decision. Unfathomably poor from the ref.

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

My worry with him is that he does seem to parry back into play a lot of stuff I would expect him to hold on to. 

I was right behind the second. Most fans think a keeper should just catch it no problem but it swerved and then dipped at last minute and he also had Sharp dangling a foot in the corner of his eye.

Many keepers at this level would parry that, just bad luck the linesman was in row A celebrating with all the Sheffield United fans at that point and ignored the clear offside.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I was right behind the second. Most fans think a keeper should just catch it no problem but it swerved and then dipped at last minute and he also had Sharp dangling a foot in the corner of his eye.

Many keepers at this level would parry that, just bad luck the linesman was in row A celebrating with all the Sheffield United fans at that point and ignored the clear offside.

I wasn't referring to that I meant generally. I've noticed him do it quite a few times.  Just pushes at it when it seems fairly catchable. I don't think he's been caught out with it yet, but he will be. 

It dismays me the lack of reaction from our players. We should have 11 players surrounding the ref to a man.

Veins bulging intimidate the clearing in the woods. especially in our own back yard. Kalanic was protesting on his own. This never happened last season. Terry was up the ref's chuff for 95 mins every game.

Â