Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, Killeen30 said:

It’s so hard judging any keeper behind the 'defense'. 

There is definitely some truth to this. Nyland had some stinkers and Kalinic has looked pretty ropey so far, but a keeper is never going to be outstanding with a circus quartet in front of them. The whole thing just breeds edginess.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Avcol said:

There is definitely some truth to this. Nyland had some stinkers and Kalinic has looked pretty ropey so far, but a keeper is never going to be outstanding with a circus quartet in front of them. The whole thing just breeds edginess.

I couldn’t agree more. Most would be like a rabbit in the headlights with that shit show in front of them!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

A shaky defence has nothing to do with a fairly tame shot going right under you though does it? 

No there is no question he should have saved the first goal, it was poor. But little things like coming out for a ball there is no reason to and finding himself flapping at the edge of the box. As frustrated as I am watching him do things like that you have to wonder what playing behind such a dodgy defence does to a keepers decision making.

I agree his performances and goals conceded are a concern but the defence is so bad a goalkeeping error is almost something we've come to expect. The whole defensive department is a total joke. Shakiness breeds shakiness. We've seen it with every keeper we've used.

Edited by Avcol

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That save at the end was world class. I think he is going to come good. Once we get some actual full backs and not pathetic clowns like Taylor Hutton Andy elmo

I couldnt believe that he didnt come and claim that ball across the box. Looked about a yard or two in front of him.

Was a decent save though.

Even before kick off (and for the next 90 minutes) I had some bloke telling me we needed a new keeper, then delighted in telling everyone that he is the first Villa keeper to concede 11 goals in his first 4 games since the 1930's (can't remember the exact date).

Our fans amaze me sometimes. There have been a couple of occasions when I have felt he could have done better but I think he will come good. 

the fact of the matter is this.

We paid what, 5m, 7m for him?, we will NOT be buying another GK anytime soon, its him or Nyland (or Sarkic).

I have heard that he's messed up a little, but also done some really good things.

He has a terrible defence in front of him, and will likely take a little time to settle, we need to give him that time, and hopefully the defence issue will be fixed.

At the end of the day, we wont be buying another keeper anytime soon, the state our club is in, even if he was Mr Jelly, we cant really afford to go out again in to the market for another GK.

We need to give him time and support him, and get off his back, if he gets sh** off the fans and loses confidence, he isnt going away and we will have assisted in his troubles, we need to give him time, and stick with him.

Personally, i have seen some minor issues, but also some really good signs, hopefully it will just take him a little time to settle (and get a good defence in front of him), he's our number 1, plain and simple, and literally nothing expect Nyland or Sarkic will change that.

I think long term Kalinic will be outstanding for us, Smith has changed our playing style, we’re trying to play out from the back. Kalinic is good with his feet, Kalinic is new to the country, it’s naturally going to take him a few months to settle. I thought Chester and Elphick were good today, I think Smith is changing us for the better, it will take time, we need to be patient, we are progressing well in my opinion 

• Like 1

Least of our worries this kid. He has all the attributes to be very good. It’s the crap in front of him that we should be worried about. Of the outfield players that we actually own, I only think Jack and super John are any good. The rest are rubbish 

2 hours ago, av1 said:

Even before kick off (and for the next 90 minutes) I had some bloke telling me we needed a new keeper, then delighted in telling everyone that he is the first Villa keeper to concede 11 goals in his first 4 games since the 1930's (can't remember the exact date).

I do love a good made up stat since he has only played 3 times for us ;)

Â