Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

8 minutes ago, slovenian said:

croats aren't happy with his todays performace against hungary...

Yeah just watched the goals.

Both of the goals looked a bit iffy.

The first im surprised he didn't get down to it (but he is quite big and I noticed in some of our games he does lack a bit of agility in terms of getting down to the ball when it's close to him).

The second I can't decide if he could habe come and claimed it or not.

I do hope he comes good for us, it's a lot of money wasted if steer is our number 1 next season.

Edited by MaVilla

Hopefully he'll come good. He's been injured no? Concussion?

Fully agree with not dropping Steer while we are winning and he is performing. At least not until Kalinic is 100% fit.

Transfer figure I've seen was 6,00 Mill. € which is a lot for a Championship club, but not for an international keeper.

Thing I think we'll have to live with is that just like the Gent fans said and we have seen here he is weak on the ground partly down to him being so tall.

It's an issue our GK coaches will have to work with him at.

Edited by sne

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

so was he injured for the Blackburn game?

I’m guessing as he’s been away with his international team all week, and him only being number 2 atm, they thought it was reasonable to put Sarkic on the bench

Think Smith is a fair manager and felt it would have sent the wrong message to the squad had Steer been dropped for doing nothing wrong, however I think he's been waiting for a mistake and now we may see Kalinic come back in for the next match.

• Like 2

On 25/03/2019 at 11:42, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think he will understandably be rusty and lacking confidence.

Signed for 7 mill and dropped for a number 3 or 4 keeper.

That's about right I think.

I still think Nyland with his speed and distribution is still easily a contender for the no2. We have 3 keepers in the mix and the competition is good, keeps the keepers on there toe's

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

Think Smith is a fair manager and felt it would have sent the wrong message to the squad had Steer been dropped for doing nothing wrong, however I think he's been waiting for a mistake and now we may see Kalinic come back in for the next match.

That's still a big no to me.

Kalinic is still learning the league and we can't afford that at this stage of the season. Steer till the end of the season to me, the back 5 is settled now, don't change it.

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

That's about right I think.

I still think Nyland with his speed and distribution is still easily a contender for the no2. We have 3 keepers in the mix and the competition is good, keeps the keepers on there toe's

Normally and on the longer run yes, competition is good. However, I have a feeling that these guys we've brought in would benefit from having the security of no real threat on the bench.

16 hours ago, villalad21 said:

That's still a big no to me.

Kalinic is still learning the league and we can't afford that at this stage of the season. Steer till the end of the season to me, the back 5 is settled now, don't change it.

is there any difference between being a goalkeeper in the championship and being a goalkeeper in any other league?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

is there any difference between being a goalkeeper in the championship and being a goalkeeper in any other league?

Probably quite a few tbh, then add moving to a different culture and settling in to that.

It's not an excuse for X Y or Z, but it's a fact all the same.

• Like 1

Ever since I watched his expressions and frustration during his first games with us I've had the feeling he will not be here next season.

He just looked like he was having a terrible time and had made a terrible mistake moving here.

Obviously that's understandable when we were shipping goals for fun and the defense was a shamble.

Most likely scenario is obviously that he'll be our starting GK again soon and be nr1 for next season as well.

But I just can't shake the feeling that he'll want to move on.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

Definately is. While reflexes and positioning are what they are. Something like commanding your box and aerial reach is way more important in England than many other leagues.

I suspect this may have something to do with man marking in England vs zonal defence that's operated in a lot of other leagues, but that's just a guess. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Goalies are still a bit less protected here than in most other countries. So it might take a while to get used to.

But no where near like it was in the 80's and 90's.

It's a bit of a myth now, just like that the Championship is harder or faster than other leagues, it is not anymore. If it ever was.

20 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Just watched these highlights and can someone explain me wtf Kalinic is doing at Sheffields first goal? Shocking positioning. Starts at 1 minute in

He looked a bit lost but the error there was by whoever let his man go to head the ball back in to the box. I think it was Kodija.  

It would never have happened in the past 6 games because every player has been doing their job! 

I haven’t been impressed with Kalanic but you’re clutching at straws if that’s the best mistake you can find.

20 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Just watched these highlights and can someone explain me wtf Kalinic is doing at Sheffields first goal? Shocking positioning. Starts at 1 minute in

There you go mate. Kalanic could have come but there were a lot of bodies in front of him. He was let down by Kodija.

905BECAE-2344-45C3-A37B-36EB7D202EA5.jpeg

Â