Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Earlier in the season we were defending better as a team but keeper errors were costing us. We’ve sorted the keeper issue out but our defending as a team is now worse than ever.

Its so frustrating. 

I know we have conceded a bit recently but I think our defence in a weird way has looked better. We seemed get caught out a lot from midfielders and widemen not covering and helping ouy

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I know we have conceded a bit recently but I think our defence in a weird way has looked better. We seemed get caught out a lot from midfielders and widemen not covering and helping ouy

Yes, I agree, we have to defend from the front and as a team, it’s not just down to the back 5

I'm not sure what Steer has ever done to warrant the praise he gets from some fans. 

Not that he's been terrible or anything, but I've never seen him do anything special when he's had a chance.

Given he's played under several managers/coaches now and he's still not getting a run in the team, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet he's not good enough. Someone would have given him a chance if he was showing in training and reserve games that he was up to the task.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not sure what Steer has ever done to warrant the praise he gets from some fans. 

Not that he's been terrible or anything, but I've never seen him do anything special when he's had a chance.

Given he's played under several managers/coaches now and he's still not getting a run in the team, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet he's not good enough. Someone would have given him a chance if he was showing in training and reserve games that he was up to the task.

I suppose whenever he has had a chance he has done ok and that’s all we can go upon. I agree if he was deemed good enough he would play. 

Decent number 2 to have I guess. 

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not that he's been terrible or anything

That's probably you're answer based on what we've had since Friedel.

(Hopefully not including Kalinic)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So why does every manager or, presumably, goalkeeping coach we have had since he's been here always want to sign a number 1 ahead of him?

Because managers want a keeper that is more than just not terrible. 

Nyland was terrible so that didn’t work.

Kalinic is decent in my opinion. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because managers want a keeper that is more than just not terrible. 

Nyland was terrible so that didn’t work.

Kalinic is decent in my opinion. 

Exactly

• 1 month later...

Kalinić started for Croatia yesterday against Azerbaijan. Croatia won 2 - 1.

He made a crucial save at the beginning of the match but then let a goal in that he should save. Received the worst score in his team on most websites :\.

e5ferk.jpg

I think he's better than Steer.

Bit annoying he's not been in the team since Jack has been back so he can get confidence along with everyone else. There's more of a future with him in the side.

Don't really want to have to throw him in for playoffs if Steer has a bad last two matches or something.

4 hours ago, slovenian said:

Kalinić started for Croatia yesterday against Azerbaijan. Croatia won 2 - 1.

He made a crucial save at the beginning of the match but then let a goal in that he should save. Received the worst score in his team on most websites :\.

e5ferk.jpg

Looking at the goal he conceded I'm not sure he should have saved it, it was a really weird looping shot that went in off the crossbar.

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think he's better than Steer.

Bit annoying he's not been in the team since Jack has been back so he can get confidence along with everyone else. There's more of a future with him in the side.

Don't really want to have to throw him in for playoffs if Steer has a bad last two matches or something.

I agree. I think he’s a good goalkeeper. It’s a shame he was settling in when our defence was all over the place. 

I think he probably will get a chance soon, but I do agree with Smith that while we’re keeping clean sheets it’s hard to change our defence or keeper. 

Â