Racism in Football

Zatman

Shame on his teammates for repeatedly trying to hold him on the pitch. They should be joining him in walking off and getting the game called off.

No doubt they're just saying "You're letting them win if you walk off", but that's not the point.

• Like 1

I don't see why players find it so hard. If you're teammate is getting so much racist abuse that he wants to walk off, why is it so hard to walk off with him?

Even if you're trying to convince him to stay on, if that doesn't work, then just **** walk off with him.

Disgusting really.

At least @screwdriver will be happy. It's "up to the black lads" after all. Marega walked off so job done, right?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, screwdriver said:

The guy done the right thing. If he hadn't it wouldn't have made the news in uk would it?

yes it would have

mainly because unfortunately we are leaning towards a look how bad everyone else is type response to racism

without googling it how many people know the chris ramage story from yesterday?

24 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

The guy done the right thing. If he hadn't it wouldn't have made the news in uk would it?

But his teammates didn't. 

But in your book that's ok. It's his problem not theirs.

Aren't teams still worried if they all walk off as one then the game will be awarded against them?

Feels trivial but I'm pretty sure some of the England players had those thoughts when Mings was getting it recently plus UEFA/FIFA warn against this given they put the messages over the tannoy first. Plus all the if we walk off it lets the racists win mindset.

Players have walked off. Eto'o walked off the pitch when he played for Barcelona, nothing happened. Kevin Prince Boateng walked off the pitch for Milan, think he got fined. A player in another league I believe got a one match ban, will find out his name later.

I don't think it's worth it for teams when the actual punishments are a joke by the authorities.

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yes it would have

mainly because unfortunately we are leaning towards a look how bad everyone else is type response to racism

without googling it how many people know the chris ramage story from yesterday?

I do as I can pick up Radio Derby on TV so listen to their games from time to time.

Craig Ramage made a Big Ron error and ultimately it was untenable for him to continue in his position.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Eric dier has been involved in a punch up with a spurs fan who was was racially abusing gedson.

Good on eric dier for standing up to this scum. 

Here's footage.  Contains swearing so NSFW.

PS - welcome back Demmers!

This is no longer being reported as anything to do with racism.

Although it would appear that it might just be because Jose is cleaning up after Spurs following the incident with the Chelsea player. I would guess Spurs are currently deciding which will lose them more money, "Dier is crazy" or "Our fans are racist".

It's confusing.

• 2 months later...

Liverpool taking a knee for the black lives matter campaign. It will probably go down better than the last time they decided to have an official response to a race related issue.  

Spoiler

I wonder if their club captain still has his Suarez t-shirt? 

SmartSelect_20200601-202324_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

Â